C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 28, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,561 of 3,421
Kova, seriously speaking Digizoid was never a good amp BUT a subwoofer and as such Digi makes excellent job by boosting bass across the entire range. So I cannot see any point in your comment laughing out Digi. I just want to make sure this excellent product (for what it does) will not get unreasonable bashing except a bit steep price :)

on the rest, not worth bothering, to each his own.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,563 of 3,421
Can anyone tell me how this baby pairs up with the Q701s? I already have an M-stage for it as my desktop amp... but would love to have a portable amp that can pair with it along with my IEM se215s.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,569 of 3,421
huh hahah must be pig latin or something. let us know if that's bad or good.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #1,572 of 3,421
Hello all! 

I'm here to present to you all my quick first impressions of the C&C BH portable amp. I've had it for a while now, but just never got around to having enough time to write something up for you guys due to school. I'm now on holidays for two weeks. 

WARNING: I will apologize in advance for the bad quality photos as these pictures below are taken with my phone, and that I'm not using audiophile terminologies for this first impressions. I'll make it clear now, that this first impression is from a non-audiophile's point of view. 
EDIT: I don't have a single clue what a "First Impressions" even is, so I just put out what I felt like I should:)

Okay...This is my first try at doing one of these impressions...but here goes!

Alright, so to start things off, I got this amp as I was in search of an upgrade from the E11 as I wasn't getting enough "oomph" out of it, so I stumbled upon this thread and thought it'd be a good idea to grab one! Aaannd, so that's what I went on to do. 

(Throughout this impression, I'm only going to reference and compare it back to the E11, as I don't have any other amps I can compare to.)

It came in the mail around three weeks ago, so I've used it for quite a bit. Let me state that it has not been charged at all since it's arrival at my front door. From what I recall, it has been going for a strong 60-70 hours by now. That definitely ticks the box for impressive battery life! 

What I first noticed about the amp is that it enhances the sound quality over the E11 any day for me. It doesn't have that 'veil' that the E11's seem to have, and that LF button really does seem to have an impact on the way the music sounds. It surely makes the audio more clearer and gives it a stronger bass kick - enough to satisfy my ears. What I had mainly noticed about the sound quality when listening to music through the BH is that it makes the music sound very crisp and clean, as compared to the E11, and it is indeed very powerful for it's little self! As suggested by H20Fidelity, when using hybrid IEMs such as my H-100's, they sound much stronger when used in Output 1 with high gain on. Currently, I'm using my Triple-Fi 10's with the BH on Low gain, Output 2 with the LF switch on, if anyone was interested in that haha

Okay, I wish to apologize once again for not knowing anymore audiophile-terminology to describe the sound quality that I had experienced with the BH in full depth, but I'm sure many of you BH owners out there know what I mean. 

Now onto my first impressions on the build quality of the BH!
I must say, this thing is very nicely built! Feels very firm in the hands, and is very compact and fits nicely with my audio players (iPod Nano 3G and C3). It does feel much more sturdy than the E11, and it has much more weight as well. I do prefer it's structure over the E11 for the sake that it feels like a brick, so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping this thing!

Here's a couple of pictures of my players when paired with the BH amp. (Pictures can be viewed in their actually sizes upon clicking on the images)

iPod Nano with BH

C3 with the BH

And here's a quick comparison between my C3/BH rig and my Nano3G/E11 rig.

The two portable rigs of mine above are as is: The C3/BH rig is used at home whilst my Nano3G/E11 rig is more of my rig for when I'm going out and about. This is due to weight, as the Nano rig is very light as opposed to my (almost) 1kg C3/BH rig. 
tongue.gif

Anyways, I don't have much more to say other than that I'm very impressed with the BH and I don't regret buying it at all! 
biggrin.gif
 To me, it was a very good upgrade over the E11. Some may argue against that, but I wish you to not do that as the little wars on the previous pages was enough. It's really more of just my opinion than anything else. 
etysmile.gif

Well, that's pretty much all I got for you guys from my impression of the BH...I know some of you's will not like the format in which I did my little non-audiophile impression, so like I had mentioned above - I apologize for that! 

Over and Out!
SkyBleu-

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #1,574 of 3,421
Quote:
Impressions added SkyBleu.
smily_headphones1.gif

What are those tips you're using on TF10?

They're the sky blue coloured tips that came with the DBA-02's I had recently purchased. 
etysmile.gif

Provides me with a very nice fit, I might add. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #1,575 of 3,421
They're the sky blue coloured tips that came with the DBA-02's I had recently purchased. 
etysmile.gif

Provides me with a very nice fit, I might add. 

I've never seen them before, they look interesting, though for now I use these ones, I prefer something with a decent size bore.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261173315851?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Here's something interesting for all you BA fans out there, some very interesting information about balanced armatures.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/657603/everything-youve-ever-wanted-to-know-about-balanced-armatures-by-eric-hruza-from-sonion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back