Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2,056 of 5,364
Quote:
GR07s suit the all-rounder purpose very nicely. Have only heard the RE262 though, so can't confirm on the RE272.

Ok. I'll check out if I can find a few comparisons of the 2, doesn't seem to be many around.

This should probably by my last question for the time being - Has anyone had to deal with customer support for HiFiMan or Vsonic? How are they in terms of warranty and ease of replacement? Not that I am planning on having to contact them, but should I need to, I always feel assured to know company takes care of its customers well.

Thanks again in advance, TwinQY, for helping me narrow my choices down.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #2,057 of 5,364
Quote:
I don't see why unknown european sellers would be more serious than chinese ebay sellers, I ordered some iems and cables from shenzhenAudioStore, they're serious and I know some people ordered their Colorfly CK4 DAP from bigbargainonline (ProII) and had no problem with them. Vsonic is the brand name for international market, but you can find them under Visang, the name for the inner market.

What I meant about the site was that even if the VAT was included, if tehy are shipping from outside the EU there would still be put on a 20€/25$ fee and if they on top of that don't believe that the VAT has already been paid I might have to pay it twice.

I ordered a Topping Amp through a Chinese ebay seller which was just great, it wasn't to discredit them at all.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2,058 of 5,364
For 36$+VAT and unless you have huge other taxes/fees in your country, it will be cheaper than 70$.

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #2,059 of 5,364
Quote:
For 36$+VAT and unless you have huge other taxes/fees in your country, it will be cheaper than 70$.

I checked, there is 28$ mail-service fee (not shipping, just a fee) and then like 25% on top of that and then 5$ on top of that for some absurd reason. Unless the website is wrong it's going to end up costing 70$

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #2,060 of 5,364
So, i ordered a pair of he-400's and the schiit m&m's. But, that's for home use. What should i get for portable use? maybe a $400 budget, around there. Been looking at the weir audio customs, but i dunno anything about iems other than cheap ones. 
Oh, and iems are easier to drive, right? At this price range, would i need a portable amplifyer/dac?

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2,061 of 5,364
Quote:
Ok. I'll check out if I can find a few comparisons of the 2, doesn't seem to be many around.

This should probably by my last question for the time being - Has anyone had to deal with customer support for HiFiMan or Vsonic? How are they in terms of warranty and ease of replacement? Not that I am planning on having to contact them, but should I need to, I always feel assured to know company takes care of its customers well.

Thanks again in advance, TwinQY, for helping me narrow my choices down.

Haven't experienced any problems with VSonics, so no idea there, although haven't heard too much bad on them. HiFiMAN does experience problems, and while the intentions are good, they were extremely slow. Waited a total of 6 month with the RE0 being replaced back and forth.

Quote:
Well okay....

...should I get Grado GR8 or Heir 3.Ai

Haven't heard either, sorry. Why the GR8? Most people I've encountered with experience between the two, including the person who I loaned the GR10 off of, had always claimed the GR10 to be an significantly better IEM than the older one.

Quote:
What is the very good iem that you mentioned launching soon?
any link?

My preferred music : Vocal & Instrumental.. Bass is bonus..
Budget : USD 500-1000 

Think he's refering to the VSonic V7007 (or GR08, or whatever the hell they named it) and the T-Peos H-200. All new hybrids. It's a good year to get into IEMs!

Quote:
Last thing, for 70$ do you think something else would be better? Annoying having to pay +100% for tax&vat. I'm pretty amped on the GR02s, but if I could spend the 35$ on quality instead of giving them to the Danish officials that would also be a good option.

For $70? Maybe the Eternas or the VB, but still quite even-handed between the three. 

Quote:
Used to my Grado RS2is and my Ety HF5s, would the Brainwavs B2 be a good choice?

They will be even more bass light than the Etys, if that's even imaginable. More treble, with more sparkle (more strident to some ears as well). Still playing around the same niche as the HF5, so I wouldn't bother.

Quote:
Hi all,

I've owned a pair of Jays q-jays for the past ~18 months which unfortunately broke over Christmas (left earphone has lost sound). I have grown to like the sound very much, and find them really comfortable due to the small size.

I would be really grateful if anyone could recommend replacement earphones for me to look into for ~£50-£100. I listen to a huge range of music, and am quite a big fan of bass, and really liked the small size of the q jays.  I was a little disappointed with the build quality of the q jays so thought I would try out another earphone rather than re-purchasing.

Thanks!

Why are everyone's Q-JAYs breaking recently? I've encountered at least 3-4 people over here with that problem. I'll try and find what I said to them, because your situation seems quite similar.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #2,062 of 5,364
hello head-fi masters I'm a newbi here

I was going to buy my first ever IEM and im such an idiot in this kind of line.

I was gonna ask what to buy with my budget of 50-150$ also if possible could anyone direct me where audioshop i can avail it.

Best Regards,

PS:
Im from the Philippines.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #2,063 of 5,364
Quote:
So, i ordered a pair of he-400's and the schiit m&m's. But, that's for home use. What should i get for portable use? maybe a $400 budget, around there. Been looking at the weir audio customs, but i dunno anything about iems other than cheap ones. 
Oh, and iems are easier to drive, right? At this price range, would i need a portable amplifyer/dac?

Amplification is not needed at all with IEMs. People do like them with some extra juice, but obviously it's really a hit-or-miss sort of thing. Genres, anything in terms of comfort, isolation? ~400, you could research the UE900, though I haven't heard them. PFE232 have sort of a similar signature to the HE-400s, just lacking the darkness in the upper-mids to lower treble.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,064 of 5,364
Quote:
hello head-fi masters I'm a newbi here

I was going to buy my first ever IEM and im such an idiot in this kind of line.

I was gonna ask what to buy with my budget of 50-150$ also if possible could anyone direct me where audioshop i can avail it.

Best Regards,

PS:
Im from the Philippines.

Jaben is nearby, don't know if they'll ship. Not exactly "local", but as close as you'll probably get. Will probably have to ask some head-fiers situated near you.

Musical genres, comfort, isolation, sound preference? 

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #2,065 of 5,364
Quote:
New Rule:

When asking for headphone recommendations, please also list the type of music you listen to. This greatly affects what advice you'll get.

Come on guys, please read! Makes our lives so much easier! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #2,066 of 5,364
Hi Can i ask who's "Jaben" ? No idea really on him/her

and my preference music is r&b/pop/acoustic/rap. not really sure though because i just listen to any music that i liked no matter what genre is.

BTW thanks really for the fast reply

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #2,067 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi Can i ask who's "Jaben" ? No idea really on him/her

and my preference music is r&b/pop/acoustic/rap. not really sure though because i just listen to any music that i liked no matter what genre is.

BTW thanks really for the fast reply

http://www.jaben.net/. One of the largest chains of headphone stores in Southeast Asia. Prices can be a bit abysmal though.

All rounder ~$150? PFE122 or the VSonic GR07, most likely. Also the EPH100s could be worth a look at. Remember that there's a lot of VSonic distributors around your area, so keep that into consideration.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,069 of 5,364
Quote:

Sturdy design - cross off the RE0 immediately. RE262, not so much, but keep an eye out. Sturdy build with more mids and solid bass, look into the EPH100.

Thanks for the reply. I looked into the EPH100, but it was a little too expensive. I think I've narrowed it down to these few:
Thinksound ms01
JVC HA-FXT90
HiFiMan RE262
V-Sonic GR-06

Suggestions?

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2,070 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I looked into the EPH100, but it was a little too expensive. I think I've narrowed it down to these few:
Thinksound ms01
JVC HA-FXT90
HiFiMan RE262
V-Sonic GR-06

Suggestions?

Haven't heard the Thinksounds, but the RE262 IMO does better than the GR06 on most aspects. Even the VSonic's greatest strength, the mids, gets outdone by the RE262. Build might be a bit worrisome, though. The FXT90 are more V-shaped, but quite good. Build on the housing would be the best out of the bunch though, cables less so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back