Burson Discrete Opamp v2 in Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Mar 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoaphexox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is correct, the Burson's cost about 2x as much after shipping.

I don't expect the Audio-gd's Sun v2 to sound half as good, though. I suspect they are a better value for the dollar.

I read pretty well. This says what? If I'm misinterpreting your statement, perhaps you need to reword this. The only way I can read thiis as it is written.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 39
he means if there is a sound increase, in no way can it be as much as twice as the cost is !

don't forget the V1 burson is just the same as audio gd EARTH model.

question is: how does the V2 stands in regard to audio gd ?
I see some advantages to burson:
-smaller/easier to fit in
-consumes half power, so easier to properly set up
-no more wire lead to soldier

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #20 of 39
A pair of the AD797BRZ is smaller than both and I'm sure the Burson V2 is no better. Also, Burr-Brown improved the OPA627 quite a bit creating the OPA827 chip. It's price is acceptable, too when you need JFET inputs. So, purchase wisely.
wink.gif

If you want something from Audio-gd, take the Sun v.2 and remove these terrible white caps "upgrading" the HDAM or order without them. Elna Tonerex or Black Gate STD will work much better if you don't have some good bypassing in your circuit yet.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by guilders0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he means if there is a sound increase, in no way can it be as much as twice as the cost is !

don't forget the V1 burson is just the same as audio gd EARTH model.

question is: how does the V2 stands in regard to audio gd ?
I see some advantages to burson:
-smaller/easier to fit in
-consumes half power, so easier to properly set up
-no more wire lead to soldier

It's poorly worded, period. I'm still not certain what he means, and I'm not sure you are either. Look at the post where he said I misunderstood him. Why not just clear up the post so EVERYBODY can figure o0ut what it says.

The reason why I point all this out is that there is a premise out there that these are all made by Audio-gd. Therefore, I think you would say that each series sounds the same, just that the Burosns cost 4 times as much.

Comparing a SUN to an Earth(Burson?) is like trying to figure out if you like Apples or Oranges basically.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #22 of 39
I wish I could update you but right now I only have the Burson v2. Still working out getting the Audio-gd. Ran in to a snag.

guilders0 is correct in the interpretation. I was just trying to say that even though the Audio-gd costs half as much, it probably doesn't sound half as good (meaning it must sound at LEAST half as good, but more realistically probably around 100% as good).

Regards,
Rob

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pair of the AD797BRZ is smaller than both and I'm sure the Burson V2 is no better. Also, Burr-Brown improved the OPA627 quite a bit creating the OPA827 chip. It's price is acceptable, too when you need JFET inputs. So, purchase wisely.
wink.gif

If you want something from Audio-gd, take the Sun v.2 and remove these terrible white caps "upgrading" the HDAM or order without them. Elna Tonerex or Black Gate STD will work much better if you don't have some good bypassing in your circuit yet.

What Value Cap?

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's poorly worded, period. I'm still not certain what he means, and I'm not sure you are either. Look at the post where he said I misunderstood him. Why not just clear up the post so EVERYBODY can figure o0ut what it says.

The reason why I point all this out is that there is a premise out there that these are all made by Audio-gd. Therefore, I think you would say that each series sounds the same, just that the Burosns cost 4 times as much.

Comparing a SUN to an Earth(Burson?) is like trying to figure out if you like Apples or Oranges basically.

Relax, man. No need to start a flame war over a misinterpretation of a sentence. I did try to clear it up best as I could, two times now. I have a degree in computer science, not English. If you are still having issues feel free to email or instant message me.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoaphexox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could update you but right now I only have the Burson v2. Still working out getting the Audio-gd. Ran in to a snag.

guilders0 is correct in the interpretation. I was just trying to say that even though the Audio-gd costs half as much, it probably doesn't sound half as good (meaning it must sound at LEAST half as good, but more realistically probably around 100% as good).

Regards,
Rob

Must be a Yankee thing!

Here in the rest of the country, If I say that Girl ain't half as good as that other girl, what do you two guys think that means?

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

What Value Cap?

This is not critical. I've got 2x 3300uF on the PCB which is far too much but doesn't hurt and serves overall supply rails bypassing. Probably more than 220uF stops making sense. If you have some nice 'lytics on the board, just remove what you have on the HDAM.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Must be a Yankee thing!

Here in the rest of the country, If I say that Girl ain't half as good as that other girl, what do you two guys think that means?

LOL...

I see where you are coming from.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Must be a Yankee thing!

By Yankee, do you mean NYer or citizen of US of A?

I dunno. I read it as you did. So I dunno if it's a Yank thing, per se.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By Yankee, do you mean NYer or citizen of US of A?

I dunno. I read it as you did. So I dunno if it's a Yank thing, per se.

Heh,
I saw the OP was in PA, that makes him north of the Mason Dixon Line, aka a Yankee!

We can cover all kinds of stuff in this thread, Fractions, Percentages, History, Terms of Art, SEX, Geography, etc. We just need to get to subterfuge and innuendo and we've got it all covered in one OPA thread!

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #30 of 39
where to find such AD797BRZ mounted on DIP8 sockets ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back