Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Jul 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #646 of 1,995
Quote:
Oh its that simple 
smily_headphones1.gif

sure is.....at present I have a Metrum Octave mk2 connected using one of the RCA inputs....works just fine

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #647 of 1,995
Quote:
Summary: Headfonia mentions one more time that Conductor has a crappy DAC :)

I don't really think so. Burson Conductor with a good usb interface is excellent as DAC in my opinion :D . At least they are consistent about this as in the first review about Conductor, if I remember well, they said the Conductor's DAC is not that good or not spectacular on which part I disagree. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #648 of 1,995
Quote:
I don't really think so. Burson Conductor with a good usb interface is excellent as DAC in my opinion :D . At least they are consistent about this as in the first review about Conductor, if I remember well, they said the Conductor's DAC is not that good or not spectacular on which part I disagree. 

Mike (the reviewer) is somewhat inconsistent, he talks in length how both of them are good, just different flavor with Conductor DAC more in your face, with accentuated details and better PRaT, and then bam - V800 has technically better DAC
confused.gif

But this is headfonia, I never really trusted reviews from this site much, just another point of reference, that's it.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #649 of 1,995
Yeah, I don't trust that reviewer/site at all. Others (and maybe even him) have said the Conductor DAC/Amp combo is the best they've heard, even though the DAC by itself may not be as good as other stand alone DACs. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #650 of 1,995
Quote:
Yeah, I don't trust that reviewer/site at all. Others (and maybe even him) have said the Conductor DAC/Amp combo is the best they've heard, even though the DAC by itself may not be as good as other stand alone DACs. 

That's called synergy. This happened with my SA-31 + Metrum Quad which I prefer to the NFB-27 standalone for the Hifiman cans.

That's a matter of tonality more than technicalities, and in the end, I favour the former.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #651 of 1,995
6moons said that Conductor has a terrific DAC so that's why it's always better to consult multiple sources :)

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #653 of 1,995
http://www.bursonaudio.com/Summary_Soloist_Innerfidelity.html

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #654 of 1,995
Aug 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #655 of 1,995
And it sounds fantastic, which is even more important (As good as measurements are). I am reluctantly selling mine, but I have upgraded.

Regarding the DAC part, I actually think it's as strong as the Soloist is in the amplifier world.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #656 of 1,995
Quote:

Regarding the DAC part, I actually think it's as strong as the Soloist is in the amplifier world.

I think if they ever fix the USB problem (or maybe an upgrade) it will be close to perfect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back