Burger-Fi: what makes a great burger? Post your toppings!
Jun 5, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #31 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll second the bacon... purely good burgers are made great by bacon.

Bacon works remarkably well with anything. The best food enhancer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good meat is a given
wink.gif

I also like simple burgers, but one I had today - flavor just exploded in my mouth! I learned that it doesn't hurt to experiment once in a while.

Garlic + burger + mayo is a good mix IMO

I bet a touch of honey would have made that heaven and... some bacon.

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #32 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bacon works remarkably well with anything. The best food enhancer.

Not with everything...Try putting bacon with poutine
wink.gif
or milkshake
wink.gif

I've never been a huge fan of bacon for some reason - I only like it in breakfast.

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #33 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not with everything...Try putting bacon with poutine
wink.gif
or milkshake
wink.gif

I've never been a huge fan of bacon for some reason - I only like it in breakfast.

Alright hold the milkshake but I can definitely envision a bacon poutine. I can also envision the trip to the can though. 15 minutes minimum and 2 rolls of TP.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #34 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sauted mushrooms
BBQ sauce
Feta Cheese(inside the burger)
Roasted/sauteed garlic bits
Worchester sauce (in the burger)
Green olive slices
Grilled Jalapeno peppers

I'm OK with this BUT:

Make your own burger using Prime Beef, none of that crap in the food stores, but use a real butcher.

Grill on an infrared grill that gets superhot.

Use mesquite or hickory to smoke the burger\\

Anyone do crumbled blue cheese on top???

if you're using prime beef you don't want to add a whole lot of "juice" like sauces or ketchup--only dilutes the beef flavor.

I'm totally with Germania on the grilled jalapenos. Adds a little "zip" to life.

Now my older son lives in Maine and he and his wife hunt moose in season. His stuff is made with moose meat, grilled on a large Green Egg grill and he too smokes it with hickory or mesquite.

Try the smoke. Takes time, but what the hell??? That's what "grillin' and chillin'" is all about. that and a shaker of martinis or margueritas

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #36 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjon0nline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
135153272_cbaca52f11_o.jpg

biggrin.gif

JonJon, i thought that first one looked like In-N-Out and this second multi burger confirmed it. man i'm jealous - that place is seriously good! we don't have In-N-Out here. what we do have here is green chili and lots of it. you almost can't get a burger around here without green chilie on it. and no, this is not "meat" chili like the other 49 states enjoy - here in New Mexico, people think you are loco if you are asking for meat in your chilie.

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #38 of 171
Something like this:
* bread
* dressing
* salad
* tomato
* onions
* burger meat

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #39 of 171
The meat matters!

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #41 of 171
onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato, bbq sauce, ketchup, mayo, Thousand Island dressing, garlic sauce
smily_headphones1.gif

NO bacon/cheese
biggrin.gif

For the record, I hate bacon, I hate all kind of pork... It's a good thing they don't sell pork around here :p

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #43 of 171
My favorite when I worked at Fudds was a 1/2 pounder with bacon, mushrooms and cheese with some mayo on the bun.

A triple cheese is also good with American, pepper jack and cheddar.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #45 of 171
The better the burger, the fewer toppings I use -- the ultimate burger for me would be wagyu on a toasted SF sourdough roll with nothing else.

If I'm getting a cheap burger (e.g., In N' Out), I slather on the ketchup and mustard and tomatoes and lettuce, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back