Buckethead...
Apr 13, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 33
If any of you haven't heard Nottingham Lace, check it out. It's on the Enter The Chicken album. I've seen the song listed in the top 20 guitar solos on various lists
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #18 of 33
i just saw him last weekend in madison. the show was awesome and he blew me away, but the sound techs s'd a d. the bass sounded like a bag of b-holes. other than the bass-heavy sections though, it was one of the sweeter live performances i've ever seen (yes, he nunchucked and robot danced).

Apr 14, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
Between my friend and I, I think we have most everything he's done.

Buckethead also makes *the best* halloween costume. Cost is like 10 bucks, 6 for the cheap wig and 4 for the mime mask, usually i get the bucket for free or 35 cents. The thing about buckethead is it freaks out adults more than the kids. You spend 90% of the time at the halloween party (for example) hearing folks whisper to each other "what the hell is he supposed to be?" and generally staring at you in fear, and then there's the one cool guy at the party (usually dressed as satan) who screams, "BUCKETHEAD!!" and pours you a beer.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Dan

haha..nice. i'll have to look for this costume come halloween
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #20 of 33
Yesterday was the second time I've seen Buckethead live, and I'm pretty sure that my mind was blown. Plus, a friend of mine walked in there having never heard a single Buckethead song and walked out on his phone, raving to his friends about what he just saw.

I can sum the show up in one sentence: I never thought that I'd see Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon" played live with only a guitar and a guy using his voice as a drum kit.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
Between my friend and I, I think we have most everything he's done.

Buckethead also makes *the best* halloween costume. Cost is like 10 bucks, 6 for the cheap wig and 4 for the mime mask, usually i get the bucket for free or 35 cents. The thing about buckethead is it freaks out adults more than the kids. You spend 90% of the time at the halloween party (for example) hearing folks whisper to each other "what the hell is he supposed to be?" and generally staring at you in fear, and then there's the one cool guy at the party (usually dressed as satan) who screams, "BUCKETHEAD!!" and pours you a beer.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Dan

My friend did that a few halloweens ago, everyone who knew about buckethead thought it was awesome, but everyone else was confused and was like What.

Buckethead is one of my favourite guitarists. He is so awesomly twisted (check this vid out http://youtube.com/watch?v=86DEKFiss...rch=buckethead )
Definitely check out Colma, one of my favourite. I hear his new album is awesome as well, but I have yet to check it out.

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipinder
Definitely check out Colma, one of my favourite. I hear his new album is awesome as well, but I have yet to check it out.

I ordered Colma last week. I am hoping it is a good introduction to Buckethead. I have never really listened to any of his work.

Apr 23, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
Don't worry you will like colma. I also recommend 'population override' and 'electric tears'.

Let us know how that cd goes!

Can you recommend any of my cans for Buckethead listening duties? Or I may just try em all. Thanks.

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodacose
i just saw him last weekend in madison. the show was awesome and he blew me away, but the sound techs s'd a d. the bass sounded like a bag of b-holes. other than the bass-heavy sections though, it was one of the sweeter live performances i've ever seen (yes, he nunchucked and robot danced).

now THAT was a lot of harsh....letters...

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #26 of 33
daaamn. I wish I could see him live. Does he ever come to Canada?

Oh and I have wanted to be Buckethead for Hallowen for 2 years in a row, but never got around to it
frown.gif
This was mostly because I didnt know where to get that expressionless mask that he has....Where did you guys find one?? Please tell me

Apr 23, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I ordered Colma last week. I am hoping it is a good introduction to Buckethead. I have never really listened to any of his work.

Awesome, I'm sure you'll love it. Even if you don't don't completly put off buckethead, he plays very different on all his albums, you have his soft mellow work like Colma then his heavy hard fast stuff like Cuckoo Clocks of Hell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
daaamn. I wish I could see him live. Does he ever come to Canada?

I don't think he has come lately and I doubt he will come anytime soon, he just isn't popular enough.

I'm not sure where my firend got his Michael Myers mask but I guess look at some party shops.

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #29 of 33
Buckethead is awesome...definately an original. Check out this video of him:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ethead&pl=true

I have been haveing fun with google video lately. You can find some pretty cool stuff on there. I was also excited to find some cacophony on there...ala marty friedman and jason becker. Have fun.

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #30 of 33
I just thought this was a funny quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy Osbourne
I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the ****ing bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green ****ing Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself'. He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother'. So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!'. I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing ****ing mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a mother****er!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back