Britney Spears...bald?
Feb 18, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #16 of 73
Speaking of her singing voice, one of those documentary things was on about her, and it showed a clip of her singing as a kid. Funnily enough, her voice was better back then. Between then and now either she got the idea or someone told her to push it out with her laranyx, and I don't know why she thought this would sound better, but it's a horrible habit and sounds like crap. Strange that her voice wasn't always like that, and she can probably sing if she unlearned that habit.

But why do that when you could shave your head? Maybe it's like what happened in Napoleon Dynamite.
wink.gif

My money is on Issues and custody battle.

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #20 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh....thats not a pentagram. It's the Star of David.

silly me
tongue.gif
six-points and two triangles
eek.gif

the Devil made me do it
evil_smiley.gif
yeah, that's the ticket!

do you think she is studying Judaism or just thinks it's a stylish charm and really wanted a pentragram?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #21 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of her singing voice, one of those documentary things was on about her, and it showed a clip of her singing as a kid. Funnily enough, her voice was better back then. Between then and now either she got the idea or someone told her to push it out with her laranyx, and I don't know why she thought this would sound better, but it's a horrible habit and sounds like crap. Strange that her voice wasn't always like that, and she can probably sing if she unlearned that habit.

I always tell my students (instrumental or otherwise) to always push with your stomach/abs, never "pull" from your throat. That "pulling" makes for a very thin, unsupported sound, and also creates unnecessary strain. You have to take in enough air so that you can live, as well as your instrument, and you then need to push it out properly. That's why so many people can't sing is because they are always trying to pull from their throat. Ah well. It's my hope to start students breathing properly, as that (air/breathing) is the foundation for wind instruments and voice.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #23 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the record, Bruce dickinson, Joe satriani, Jordan rudess and john Petrucci all shaved off their long hair and continue to make great music. Hair length has little to do with musical ability.... if you suck, you will continue sucking with or without hair.

hair doesn't effect musical ability, but it sure as hell can effect a woman's looks. i'm pretty sure people are so riled up over the bald thing because of aesthetics.. and let me tell you, i am pretty sure i'm not the only guy that finds bald women unappealing.

no offense to her personally, but man, going bald wasn't a good choice

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #24 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always tell my students (instrumental or otherwise) to always push with your stomach/abs, never "pull" from your throat. That "pulling" makes for a very thin, unsupported sound, and also creates unnecessary strain. You have to take in enough air so that you can live, as well as your instrument, and you then need to push it out properly. That's why so many people can't sing is because they are always trying to pull from their throat. Ah well. It's my hope to start students breathing properly, as that (air/breathing) is the foundation for wind instruments and voice.

Yeah I was a clarinet player who then discovered I could sing. I had really really great voice teachers, and it's mostly the breathing. Stuff like voice placement and such tend to flow from the foundation of the breath control. It's tough to push it out all the way from your legs, and then keep your laranyx up like that. I know of exactly one opera singer that pulls it off with bad breathing technique, and imagine what should could have done with good breath control.

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #25 of 73
in the last photos of britney i went searching for she was bald.

but that was like 3 months ago, and thats when happens when you try to get in a sports car with a short skirt &no underthinggies on... i would have lent her my k240's if she had asked.

seeing those photos almost made me want to vomit.

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #26 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif

seeing those photos almost made me want to vomit.

Now you know how the rest of head-fi feels..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
JK of course my friend... sort of
icon10.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #27 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS. What's the name of the singer in that video 909? I like female vocals, but that is one singer/style I can't stand at all.

Regina Spektor. The song is called Fidelity. One of my favourite artists.

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #29 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mminutel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the past I will admit that I once thought she was hot; however, in the last maybe 2 years, she has taken a sharp decline and is now not appealing to me at all.

My sentiments exactly. I've never seen so many terrible looking pictures of her on the news.

Feb 18, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #30 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regina Spektor. The song is called Fidelity. One of my favourite artists.

I don't mind that song except for the damned laughing chorus thing, so annoying. They play that clip on the radio all the time (paid advertisement style), since it doesn't get airplay. It's been on a few tv shows though so they advertise it as such, with that laughing clip in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back