Brief comparison of the ATH A1000, A100Ti and W1000
Jan 9, 2003 at 8:23 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
I don't think anyone would find the bass on the A1000 or W1000 lacking. It is very present and well defined, with a bit of punch.

Thats the one thing I DO agree with on the AT debate... The bass, whilst not being as heavy as that of the (comparitavely bloated) V6, has a quality... and clarity that is very hard to find in headphones...

for me, only the Sony MDR-CD1700s come close for bass quality... but they're still not quite ATs
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #47 of 51
I bought Kevin's A100 for a friend. All I can say is an unamped A100 does not have the same smooth, natural sound as the HD580 or HD600 on a META42 (stock cables). I'll bring my META over to his place to he how much of a difference it'll make on the A100 when I have the time.

Jan 9, 2003 at 11:46 AM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Adam...

If you can, audition first... the AT sound that i've heard as i've said a few times, is more closed in (not as open / free sounding) in the midrange than that of the Sennheisers... it might not appeal to your taste

Well, I think I have a fairly good idea of the AT sound (seeing as I have the A100 and all
wink.gif
), and I do like it, it's just that the midrange is a little lean for my tastes. The clarity and detail is outstanding, and if the A1000 is noticeably fuller in that department, as has been reported by several people, then I have little doubt that I would be satisfied with it. I'm not necessarily looking for something that surpasses the Sennheisers in that department (though I definitely wouldn't complain!
wink.gif
), but I need a little more than the A100 gives me.

Jan 9, 2003 at 12:30 PM Post #49 of 51
AdamP88
HI: Good morning. When I had the A100ti it sounded great. Then I got the ATH-A1000 and the a100ti was not in the same league with the A1000. It might be the D.A.D.S. system but the A1000 are much more fuller and overall better sounding than the a100ti. Hoped this helps.

Jan 10, 2003 at 7:33 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Bongo
Did you discern ANY difference in comfort, feel, texture of pads, or pressure/weight among the phones?

No. All of the pads look and feel the same (except the leather) and they are all extremely comfortable. The A1000 may help someone with an odd shaped head since they are more adjustable, but otherwise there is no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back