Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #3,483 of 6,668

I just bought an Ak100 II  and the sound is fantastic but I have found some issues with the screen.
I have a ray of light all along the left side that you could see on the following pictures only on some menu" as the setting,  the dac  and the brightless option.
But with my playing menu on the black pictures of the album no problem at all (black is absolutely black)
So I don't know if it s a problem and if some owners have met this little concern.

The black is perfect on the last picture

I hesitate a lot to return it for repair or to change (I bought it new only ten days).

So nobody to reassure me or worry me

I don 't know if it s a problem or not . (I asked Iriver but still no answer)
Maybe it s nothing so that s why I want to know if you have found this in yours  daps.
Thanks 

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #3,485 of 6,668

Maybe it s nothing so that s why I want to know if you have found this in yours  daps.
Thanks 

I've seen similar issues like this on other devices with back- or side-lit LCD screens.  If it bothers you, don't overthink it, just exchange it, preferably from the store or site where you purchased it if you are still within the return window.  I would were I in your shoes--it's a high-end item with a high price tag and you deserve one that's perfect.  

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #3,486 of 6,668

Thanks 

That does not look normal, for AMOLED screen. I would try a factory reset before sending it in for a return/replacement.

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #3,487 of 6,668

Thanks 

Are you 100% certain it`s a real AK100ii?  The first indication when you see the fake iPhones and Galaxies in Thailand is the screen : they have exactly this kind uneveness, bright/dark areas.  I have not yet heard of fake AKs but with the prices and the relatively simple design I guess it would be prime target for the counterfeiters . . .   

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #3,488 of 6,668
I have a 128g mayby thats why it takes me so long.

My 100 II takes no more than 45 seconds from the press of power button to complete scan. I also have 128GB (Sandisk older version)...120MB of space left...15 Albums/160+ Songs in 24/96 & 24/192. Internal memory is loaded with 24/96 & 24/192 files and has only 300MB of space left.

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #3,489 of 6,668
  My 100 II takes no more than 45 seconds from the press of power button to complete scan. I also have 128GB (Sandisk older version)...120MB of space left...15 Albums/160+ Songs in 24/96 & 24/192. Internal memory is loaded with 24/96 & 24/192 files and has only 300MB of space left.

Mine takes about 3 minutes I have 3200 songs on it I need to take some music off my SD card. Another question when making playlist right on the player, I can only make a playlist with music stored on the internal memory if I use music from the SD card when I shut it off and power pack on the playlist says zero songs. But if I make a playlist from music on the internal storage its fine is this normal?

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #3,490 of 6,668

Mine takes about 3 minutes I have 3200 songs on it I need to take some music off my SD card. Another question when making playlist right on the player, I can only make a playlist with music stored on the internal memory if I use music from the SD card when I shut it off and power pack on the playlist says zero songs. But if I make a playlist from music on the internal storage its fine is this normal?

To be clear I have total of 3,224 songs. I keep only 24/96 and 24/192 files on the internal storage (only 300MB of free space left), but 160+ of hi-res files are on the SD card (only 120MB left) with CD ripped files.

All of my files are FLAC. Your unit definitely takes too long to scan and I wonder if you have different file formats (MP3, wav, etc) on your player.

As for the issue with Playlist, (I didn't have any) so I quickly created a Playlist with 10 songs from files both on internal storage and SD card. After I rebooted the unit, all files still show in the Playlist. I'm afraid something is not right with your unit.

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #3,491 of 6,668
  To be clear I have total of 3,224 songs. I keep only 24/96 and 24/192 files on the internal storage (only 300MB of free space left), but 160+ of hi-res files are on the SD card (only 120MB left) with CD ripped files.

All of my files are FLAC. Your unit definitely takes too long to scan and I wonder if you have different file formats (MP3, wav, etc) on your player.

As for the issue with Playlist, (I didn't have any) so I quickly created a Playlist with 10 songs from files both on internal storage and SD card. After I rebooted the unit, all files still show in the Playlist. I'm afraid something is not right with your unit.

I do have a lot of different formats maybe I will try to reset the player thanks.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #3,492 of 6,668

This could also be a problem with your micro SD.  What make/model and how old is it?  You could try reformatting it and see if that makes a difference (back up your data first of course).

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #3,493 of 6,668
I found out what the problem was when I synced the player with my computer in windows media I synced all the pictures and videos onto the SD card also. And it was scanning everything on the card that's why it took so long thanks for the advice.

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #3,495 of 6,668
I am not sure yet of my battery life only had since Friday. I dont think you can change the battery and for the price you would think you could. Hopefully Iriver can change them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back