Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #331 of 4,426
please share your impressions.

When will these be released?

I'm thinking maybe, like I thought about the Roxies since they are universal, buy them, if I don't like make a quick sale and get the K10s.

Its a bit of a wait. These IEMs are supposed to be released in June.

May 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #332 of 4,426

vegasf1, you keep missing the point my friend. 

And you're basing decisions on the subjective opinion of others. What exactly does "a step or two" "upgrade" even mean? One man's upgrade is another man's divorce. 

I've listened to all of Tralucent's cables, and all of the revisions of them. And you know what? A lot of times I love the lowly straight stock silver cable for it's giant soundstage. 

Basing your decision to not buy a product based on qualitative and subjective impressions that a cable is a step or two ahead is really sad for to me see, as someone that's seen people go down the road of more money = better, or putting faith in paper data and graphs - the whole point here is that we are trying to get the most emotion from our music. That often times is not "the best."  What do you expect a cable to do? The fact that changes in high-end cables actually improve sound is arguable 7 days to Sunday. It's Sunday, and I'm saying shortchanging yourself out of a Ref. 1 solely based on the qualitative, subjective thoughts of others about a cable is a precedent you don't want to set for yourself. 

I promise I'm not being argumentative. I'm passionate. And you don't need an uber cable to get immense joy from the Ref. 1. I assure you. 

May 11, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #333 of 4,426
Thanks for that comment SF. All of the cable talk in here was gettin pretty damned ridiculous :l I've owned the Tralucent Silver/Gold cable before, (as a part of a 1p2 combo) a cable that retailed for some insane $800 and I would never, ever urge anyone to spend a princely sum on something like this sight unseen/unheard. Remember that Headfi is more often than not, a game of inches. That percentage of improvement that you net from an aftermarket cable might be worth it to you, but let's not go and ascribe arbitrary perceived gains to something that's highly subjective.

May 11, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #334 of 4,426

vegasf1, you keep missing the point my friend. 

And you're basing decisions on the subjective opinion of others. What exactly does "a step or two" "upgrade" even mean? One man's upgrade is another man's divorce. 

I've listened to all of Tralucent's cables, and all of the revisions of them. And you know what? A lot of times I love the lowly straight stock silver cable for it's giant soundstage. 

Basing your decision to not buy a product based on qualitative and subjective impressions that a cable is a step or two ahead is really sad for to me see, as someone that's seen people go down the road of more money = better, or putting faith in paper data and graphs - the whole point here is that we are trying to get the most emotion from our music. That often times is not "the best."  What do you expect a cable to do? The fact that changes in high-end cables actually improve sound is arguable 7 days to Sunday. It's Sunday, and I'm saying shortchanging yourself out of a Ref. 1 solely based on the qualitative, subjective thoughts of others about a cable is a precedent you don't want to set for yourself. 

I promise I'm not being argumentative. I'm passionate. And you don't need an uber cable to get immense joy from the Ref. 1. I assure you. 

My reasoning for having to have the uber cable stems from the one plus two threads. Many people there didn't like it at all until they got the uber cable and some of those people were well respected reviewers.

I'd still like to listen to them with and without the uber cable. I don't mind spending 500 unheard as its not as big of a risk and much easier to unload if I didn't like it. I'm sure that most of you already have the one plus two and have faith in the ref 1 unheard. I haven't heard it so I won't be buying it without a test and I'm pretty sure if I listen to the uber cable and like it I would have to buy it. Maybe it's better that I am unable to listen to it. I'll just buy something else.

Look at how many posts in this thread and the one plus two are about the uber cable. I really want a great hybrid. Too bad I can't audition it. I'll just wait til the next CES show and see what else is there. I will probably get the chord Hugo and they demo it with the k10 so at least I'll know if I will like it or not. If I don't like it I'll keep searching. I'd also like to know the percentage of people who buy the ref 1 will buy the uber cable or had one from the one plus two. It sounds like quite a bit of people own the uber so it must be great. I just want to audition it for myself with the regular cable as well just to make sure I'm not missing out on a big upgrade. Is that too much to ask? I guess so since I keep missing the point. And anyone who has the uber cable that says it isn't necessary is a hypocrite. The reason you got it is because you want the most out of it and that's what I want too. I just need to confirm it with my ears. I wouldn't want to buy this knowing I'm missing out on ultimate performance from them. That's the point.

I'll keep my eye out for meets and if the ref 1 will be there and if its not too far I'll do a road trip. I really want to listen to it. I don't know why people expect others to buy this blindly with or without the uber cable. I'm sure its a lot easier to demo the k10 and the Hugo as both are being paired together at meets all over the world. Or I'll just wait for CES and have every company come to my city.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

May 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #335 of 4,426
The best bet for an alternative for uBer should be $1,000 Siltech Duchess Crown with better portability, a bit long at 2 meters and we still have to reterminate that by replacing those connectors

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=27136928544

[rule]
Not official products but this seller in Shanghai could turn Crystal Cable interconnects into IEM cables

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19266571067

2,800 RMB for Piccolo

3,100 RMB for Micro

3,800 RMB for Standard

6,000 RMB for Reference

30,000 RMB for Dreamline

Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 could be another choice?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=23692644742

And then there are Entreq headphone cables

http://www.entreq.com/products/cables/apollo-17634246

http://www.entreq.com/products/cables/challenger-17633951

http://www.entreq.com/products/cables/konstantin-17633041

[rule]
So far Siltech should have the best portability IMHO, and the more expensive ones from Crystal Cable could be pretty thick.

Another one worth considering

http://www.rankoaudio.com/ForHeadphone/119.htm

May 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #336 of 4,426
 Wow I missed out on the Uber....Always wanted to hear them with this cable.I suppose you back in Hong Kong now right? Youre a lucky fella mate.....
Tell me about it H20 Fidelity.....Its getting out of my league...Doesn't help when you cant work for a living  either....

Yes. Back home on 4.29.  Me and my wife spent a week in the Melbourne/Great Ocean Road areas and it was fantastic.

Uber...you shouldn't own the 1Plus2 or Ref.1 without it.  Your phones will only perform some up to max. 60% of its potential without the uber.  That's how I'd describe this special cable.

Its posts like this that make me feel like the uber cable is a must have. Why would I spend $1650 for only 60% performance?

Now its just one persons opinion but I have read similar comparisons in the one plus two threads about uber cable or nothing.

How do I get an audition like some of you have? I now know why meets are so popular. Buying and praying its what you hope for is too much of a risk and a well organized meet can help people buy what they want the first time and not buying and selling over and over until they finally get what they had hoped for it gave up.

May 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #337 of 4,426
Its posts like this that make me feel like the uber cable is a must have. Why would I spend $1650 for only 60% performance?

Now its just one persons opinion but I have read similar comparisons in the one plus two threads about uber cable or nothing.

How do I get an audition like some of you have? I now know why meets are so popular. Buying and praying its what you hope for is too much of a risk and a well organized meet can help people buy what they want the first time and not buying and selling over and over until they finally get what they had hoped for it gave up.

IMHO, if people aren't satisfied with the sound quality of their earphone unless they spend $1k+ on a cable, you might be looking at the wrong earphone.

May 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #338 of 4,426
My reasoning for having to have the uber cable stems from the one plus two threads. Many people there didn't like it at all until they got the uber cable and some of those people were well respected reviewers.

I'd still like to listen to them with and without the uber cable. I don't mind spending 500 unheard as its not as big of a risk and much easier to unload if I didn't like it. I'm sure that most of you already have the one plus two and have faith in the ref 1 unheard. I haven't heard it so I won't be buying it without a test and I'm pretty sure if I listen to the uber cable and like it I would have to buy it. Maybe it's better that I am unable to listen to it. I'll just buy something else.

Look at how many posts in this thread and the one plus two are about the uber cable. I really want a great hybrid. Too bad I can't audition it. I'll just wait til the next CES show and see what else is there. I will probably get the chord Hugo and they demo it with the k10 so at least I'll know if I will like it or not. If I don't like it I'll keep searching. I'd also like to know the percentage of people who buy the ref 1 will buy the uber cable or had one from the one plus two. It sounds like quite a bit of people own the uber so it must be great. I just want to audition it for myself with the regular cable as well just to make sure I'm not missing out on a big upgrade. Is that too much to ask? I guess so since I keep missing the point. And anyone who has the uber cable that says it isn't necessary is a hypocrite. The reason you got it is because you want the most out of it and that's what I want too. I just need to confirm it with my ears. I wouldn't want to buy this knowing I'm missing out on ultimate performance from them. That's the point.

I'll keep my eye out for meets and if the ref 1 will be there and if its not too far I'll do a road trip. I really want to listen to it. I don't know why people expect others to buy this blindly with or without the uber cable. I'm sure its a lot easier to demo the k10 and the Hugo as both are being paired together at meets all over the world. Or I'll just wait for CES and have every company come to my city.

Yes, agreed.  You shouldn't buy blindingly as I see the comments from this forum just for reference.  Everyone's taste and requirement are different.

I think it makes a lot of sense for you until you have a chance to audition it.

Cheers

May 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #341 of 4,426
Hmmm....Tralucent uses Ranko Connectors....and this cable looks very 'Uber-ish'..."Single Crystal Gold/Silver", etc, etc...you don't think it might be made for...

Ranko and tralucent are affiliated very closely. I read before that Gavin mentioned that ranko is their r&d platform. So, im thinking its very similar but no one will confirm this.. The ranko rh-2000 cable is priced below 1k thou

May 11, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #342 of 4,426
That's not the uBer. As all cabling Tralucent uses is exclusive.

Ranko is however one of our affiliated companies......

There is another affiliated company of ours that produces the raw wires which is OCC certified, and supplies a big chunk of the market from large names to diy'ers. Hence, all our internal wires and cables are especially made and voiced exactly how Tralucent wants them to sound.

May 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #343 of 4,426
That's not the uBer. As all cabling Tralucent uses is exclusive.

Ranko is however one of our affiliated companies......

There is another affiliated company of ours that produces the raw wires which is OCC certified, and supplies a big chunk of the market from large names to diy'ers. Hence, all our internal wires and cables are especially made and voiced exactly how Tralucent wants them to sound.

Thanks for that Gavin...

p.s. any plans on a tour of the Ref 1 to Asian/Aussie??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back