Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #316 of 4,426
@mochill-Are you considering getting it without the Uber?

Stupid question, but is there another cable that could give a significant boost like the Uber, but one that would be better suited for people on the go?

May 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #318 of 4,426
I'm not buying it but getting it as a gift...this will be my first iem in the $1k+ range...if a cable exist that's cheaper and better, I won't know:sweat_smile:

You lucky dog.  I'd love to get the ref 1 with uber as a gift.  Sadly, I'd have to buy it if I want it and right now I'm not sure if it's worth 3k.  Anyone in vegas that's buying the ref 1 with uber?  I'll let you drive either one of my 911 at spring mountain for ten laps for a 30 minute demo.

May 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #319 of 4,426

Stupid question, but is there another cable that could give a significant boost like the Uber, but one that would be better suited for people on the go?

There are a few Head-Fiers who bought the new flagship Whiplash gold-plated silver cable as a substitute for the uBer cable instead. I think @AnakChan has previously auditioned both on the 1plus2 thread and tried to do a comparison between them and he said something about it being close but not yet on par with uBer. The Whiplash cable is reported to be much more flexible and portable for use on-the-go. You can ask around for those who own the Whiplash cable on its sonic performance on the 1plus2 thread.

May 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #320 of 4,426
Thanks, will do. I'm waiting on a TWAU V3 myself for my Heir 8.a, so I'm not definitely open to another cable from Craig. Hell, I'd even grab the Uber, but it just doesn't go well with my needs.

May 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #322 of 4,426

I have the whiplash twau reference, but am considering getting a crystal cable reference diamond iem cable, which I believe costs even more than the uber cable.

May 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #324 of 4,426

I have the whiplash twau reference, but am considering getting a crystal cable reference diamond iem cable, which I believe costs even more than the uber cable.

It looks pretty stiff for an IEM cable though. Maybe it is fine for interconnects but not sure if it is flexible enough for portable use.

May 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #327 of 4,426
  The best bet for an alternative for uBer should be $1,000 Siltech Duchess Crown with better portability, a bit long at 2 meters and we still have to reterminate that by replacing those connectors

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=27136928544

Not official products but this seller in Shanghai could turn Crystal Cable interconnects into IEM cables

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19266571067

2,800 RMB for Piccolo
3,100 RMB for Micro
3,800 RMB for Standard
6,000 RMB for Reference
30,000 RMB for Dreamline

So far Siltech should have the best portability IMHO, and the more expensive ones from Crystal Cable could be pretty thick.

Is that the discontinued dreamline or the new dreamline plus?
I wonder which would be better, a duchess crown iem cable or a reference diamond iem cable?
From pictures, it would appear that the reference diamond & duchess crown cable would be about on par for flexibility.

May 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #328 of 4,426
I have just placed an order for the Ref 1 + Uber + TWau from Musical Acoustics.expecting June delivery, just in time for my 20 hour trip in July :)

May 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #329 of 4,426
  I just conveyed the comments that my friend gave [to 1Plus2].

I think you have to check with Gavin on delivery timing.

Here's his name on Headfi...

spkrs01

Ah, my mistake. That's what I get for reading head-fi at 3 AM my time. I appreciate the comparison regardless, even if you were referring to the 1plus2. I've PM'ed Gavin. He's currently traveling in Tokyo but said he'll get back to me with details whenever he gets home. Sent me a PM back pretty quickly, too. 

May 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #330 of 4,426
I have just placed an order for the Ref 1 + Uber + TWau from Musical Acoustics.expecting June delivery, just in time for my 20 hour trip in July :)

please share your impressions.

When will these be released?

I'm thinking maybe, like I thought about the Roxies since they are universal, buy them, if I don't like make a quick sale and get the K10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back