Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Feb 14, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #2,476 of 4,426
Sony hybrid tips. Even on the MDR 7550s I found them to cut into the staging. Squishing the sound together making it narrower sounding. While accentuating treble spikes and bass quantity.

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #2,477 of 4,426
You're right, the hybrids tend to make the bass sound a bit moody since they are softer but the fake ones are more rigid which contributes to a stronger hitting bass and a bit leaner also.

I hadn't tried the Suis but had the Flat 4 Kuro and liked them a lot also. Same sound as the Kaedes but just a little less bass and less smooth highs although extremely enjoyable and naturally sounding.

In fact the Flat 4 signature is the most coherent sound I've come across on any iem despite the dual driver configuration.

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,479 of 4,426
  I see, the foam tips wrapped with silicon, thanks Lee.

I think they have some tip options available with silicone and foam stuffed inside. But the main option of hybrid tips don't include foam just silicone from what I recall? I still have the extra large ones. Haven't found anything they were worth using on though...

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,480 of 4,426
I use the ref 1 exclusively with the uber during weekends, at home of course and every time I'm totally impressed. Still can't believe how much a cable can make a difference with audio equipment.

I guess if every cable non-believer would have the possibility to try between the two configurations there will be no one remaining afterwards.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #2,482 of 4,426
The uber basically magnifies every characteristic of the Ref 1. Huge soundstage, deeper bass and more pronounced details over all the frequency spectrum.

My search for iems is over.

Recently got an Auralic Taurus and will probably repurchase the HD800.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #2,485 of 4,426
I am afraid the uber cables are a little too pricey for me at this stage of my life at least.  Got a few career goals to hit before they are viable :p

However even with the stock silver/gold cable the Ref1's are the best iem's period (isolation excluded) I have heard/owned.
They fit the music I listen to perfectly and with these I have no need of a pair of full sized cans to compliment.

Win win.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #2,487 of 4,426
Anyone know the bundle price of ref1 with uber too?
smily_headphones1.gif

PM spkrs01 for the latest pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back