Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,431 of 4,426
  Do you have both uber versions?  If so, what's the diff?

Yes both. The Uber Too is very supple and can be coiled easily. It's not stiff like the Uber or the Gold/Silver...it flexes easily so it doesn't disturb the IEM's fit when you move your head like the Uber sometimes does. I think it sounds even better than the Uber...very dynamic with a huge soundstage.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #2,432 of 4,426

Yes both. The Uber Too is very supple and can be coiled easily. It's not stiff like the Uber or the Gold/Silver...it flexes easily so it doesn't disturb the IEM's fit when you move your head like the Uber sometimes does. I think it sounds even better than the Uber...very dynamic with a huge soundstage.

Thanks for sharing.
normal_smile .gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #2,433 of 4,426

Agree. I tend to think of the Uber Too as the natural progression of the Uber. :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #2,434 of 4,426
I got some days ago a pack of JVC spiral dots and what a difference. Could not believe how tip dependent the Tralucent are. Tried on both the 1Plus2 and Ref 1 and the benefit is really substantial for just tips.

Probably it benefits form the softer tissue and wide bore. Previously I used the Sony fake hybrids but they are more rigid and gave too much bass for me while taming too much the already smooth treeble. The spiral dots completely changed the low end and the wide bore really makes those highs perfect. Removed the strong mid-bump while maintaining the ultra deep reach. Let's say they sound now like the 1Plus2 but just with a bit more texture.

They are a perfect complement to the 1P2 but could not justify both, so put them up for sale.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,437 of 4,426
I am still interested if people have found good alternative or upgrades for the Ref1 cable besides the Uber (will not put that much).

I have been using the whiplash cable with my Ref 1 and find it to be improvement over Tralucent stock gold/silver. I would not say the SQ is dramatic improvement over stock (but I do find it provides sense of more depth and clarity), and as far as ergonomics it is the best portable cable I have owned so far (I recommend their modular system as well).

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/new-flagship-twau-reference-gold-plated-silver.html

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,441 of 4,426
The Ref 1 is very sensitive to cables, just like the 1Plus2. What I found strange is that it resembles quite much the 1Plus2 if I use them with the balanced silver/gold. 

The same happens when I put the Ref 1 silver/gold to the 1Plus2, it fills the low end and smooths the highs.

To me it looks like the 1Plus2 and Ref 1 are more similar than different when using the same cable. The one aspect that I found it upgrades on the 1P2 is bass texture and the more forward mids. But again the cable quite negates these effects.

I think I've red somewhere here that the Tralucent sound like the cable they are used with. Indeed it looks so.

Imho, when using the uber on both of them the difference is more pronounced on the 1Plus2 because those need more bass and less treble which the Ref 1 already have more and less respectively.

I would be curios to hear your opinions on that if you had the opportunity to try.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2,443 of 4,426
  The Ref 1 is very sensitive to cables, just like the 1Plus2. What I found strange is that it resembles quite much the 1Plus2 if I use them with the balanced silver/gold. 

The same happens when I put the Ref 1 silver/gold to the 1Plus2, it fills the low end and smooths the highs.

To me it looks like the 1Plus2 and Ref 1 are more similar than different when using the same cable. The one aspect that I found it upgrades on the 1P2 is bass texture and the more forward mids. But again the cable quite negates these effects.

I think I've red somewhere here that the Tralucent sound like the cable they are used with. Indeed it looks so.

Imho, when using the uber on both of them the difference is more pronounced on the 1Plus2 because those need more bass and less treble which the Ref 1 already have more and less respectively.

I would be curios to hear your opinions on that if you had the opportunity to try.

I have both uber and silver (v2).  My headfi gears are...AK240/Wagnus Epilson/Ref.1

My experience is that uber delivers a more civilized sound with much proper spacing & images between instruments/vocal.  The silver might give an impression that it has more bass but in fact the low end of silver is a bit boommy or muddy than the uber.  I'm using both cables as the silver serves on-the-go while  uber stays in my office for office hour listening.  

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #2,444 of 4,426
Indeed spacing and instrument separation is better with the uber but I don't hear the bass boomy at all with the silver/gold on the ref 1.

I'm using the CL stack, Solo db/duet. I think the duet contributes a lot here. It has a perfect impact imho. It's neither to high (like mid bass bump) and neither too low. It suits perfectly the 1P2,Kaedes and especially the Sony ex1000.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #2,445 of 4,426
  I have both uber and silver (v2).  My headfi gears are...AK240/Wagnus Epilson/Ref.1

My experience is that uber delivers a more civilized sound with much proper spacing & images between instruments/vocal.  The silver might give an impression that it has more bass but in fact the low end of silver is a bit boommy or muddy than the uber.  I'm using both cables as the silver serves on-the-go while  uber stays in my office for office hour listening.  

+1, I think the bass control is better with the Uber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back