Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #46 of 308
   delighted to hear that , better than E06 means its something . let me see if it can rescue the mids on vsd-1 . thanks for your response .

seems like brainwavz has stuck gold with this little amp and S0 .

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #47 of 308

i dont know how he missed it , even the E05 comes with it , a bass boost switch , and plenty of paper works to know about whats on it and how to operate .

dude its not bass boost,,eq2 boosts both treble and bass making it a slightly v-shaped sound................i needed a pure bass boost

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #48 of 308

I find the speed satisfactory actually, on the faster pace of things, but where you'll be impressed is the mid-range shines through quite easily over the bass. To my ears the mid stay much cleaner than my E06 and emit more detail with it's bass boost on. It sounds more airy and a little more refined. I can see two people jamming out on the bus together or in a park rocking out to EDM tracks. It''s not going to be for those who want to listen to Alison Krauss for example (Country / Acoustic).

just another question.
What pairs better with gr07 mk2/ce??

e06 or ap001

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #49 of 308

dude its not bass boost,,eq2 boosts both treble and bass making it a slightly v-shaped sound................i needed a pure bass boost

dont boost , just use the EQ on your player . i will let you guys know what i think of this " bass boost " on AP001 .

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #50 of 308

dont boost , just use the EQ on your player . i will let you guys know what i think of this " bass boost " on AP001 .

Man rockbox is too ******* complicated for this.
Dammit i tried using it but its very difficult to get the perfect setting.

@H20Fidelity

U already have havi,,,can u give me exact rockbox setting to make the bass equal to gro7 mk2??I don't need more.

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #51 of 308

just another question.

e06 or ap001

I'll test it for you later on.

Man rockbox is too ******* complicated for this.
Dammit i tried using it but its very difficult to get the perfect setting.

@H20Fidelity

U already have havi,,,can u give me exact rockbox setting to make the bass equal to gro7 mk2??I don't need more.

The problem with Rockbox EQ and Havi is I found it creates unwanted distortion very early. This is something AP001 doesn't do to Havi.

I think what you'll find is along with the enhanced mids and bass boost both together you get a grasp of the "sound enhancement" AP001's puts across to the listener. Rather than a regular amp that increases volume only (or it's meant to by default) the little AP001 has some tricks up Its sleeve to take things one step further and purposely mould the sound quality.  So it really does live up the 'sound enhancement" name on the packet.

Anyway I'm going to leave you guys to it and look forward to your impressions, I'll chime in later on. 

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #52 of 308

just another question.

e06 or ap001

dont know about the 2nd but , you will like the gr07 BE more , but GR07s are sibilant at times , highs might not be so easy on you .

and at fiio's graph says that there is no hump at the top end with any Eq .

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #53 of 308

dont know about the 2nd but , you will like the gr07 BE more , but GR07s are sibilant at times , highs might not be so easy on you .

I have gr07 mk2 for a year now..........the highs are addictive.Sibilant and uncomfortable at times,yes.But brain burn in makes things nice after a while.

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #59 of 308
I just got a nx1. Should I bother with this amp?

I depends on your usage. The AP001 is really really small and light weight so for working out or other occasions were one might like as small a footprint as possible the AP001 is a great option. It improves the clip+ by quite a bit actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back