Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Sep 24, 2014 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 308

thatBeatsguy

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title says:

Apparently Brainwavz is going to be releasing their very first portable amp. No word on specs or pricing, but it's definitely something I'll be looking forward to. With a very good ifrst impression coming from their S5s, I'm going to be more than willing to buy these at launch.

Oh, and it's got dual outputs -- great for A/B testing. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 308
Very interested. Would love something to replace my old FiiO E6. Anyone have any details on physical size and other info? I heard that a preorder will include a free set of Delta's.

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 308
Very interested. Would love something to replace my old FiiO E6. Anyone have any details on physical size and other info? I heard that a preorder will include a free set of Delta's.

I doubt it can level or replace the legendary E6/06 tho it has dual HP outs and a micro USB (mini USB on E6)....I dont see a vol control in the picture nor a word about it in its features/description?.......:rolleyes:
I actually backed off finally from ordering (considering overall value) tho its been tagged along with free delta.....

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 308
I doubt it can level or replace the legendary E6/06 tho it has dual HP outs and a micro USB (mini USB on E6)....I dont see a vol control in the picture nor a word about it in its features/description?.......
rolleyes.gif

I actually backed off finally from ordering (considering overall value) tho its been tagged along with free delta.....

Apparently, it doesn't have a volume control as far as I can tell. They'll probably just amplify the signal, with volume control directly from the DAP.
I don't think it'll be able to best the E6, despite my lack of experience with amps. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #7 of 308
Well that blows. 
blink.gif
  So wouldn't be able to run from LOD? Really loved the sound and small footprint of the E6 on my gym rig but it was just too fragile and fell apart. Using the E11 now but it's just so big and obtrusive. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 308
Well that blows. :blink:   So wouldn't be able to run from LOD? Really loved the sound and small footprint of the E6 on my gym rig but it was just too fragile and fell apart. Using the E11 now but it's just so big and obtrusive. 
E11? Big? o.o

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 308
LOL. The E11K looks about as big as a liquor flask.
The E6 is probably slightly smaller than the AP001, which I'm now officially getting. Expect impressions by either this weekend or early next week!
the e11 is smaller than the X1... Maybe not as small as the e6, but still small. http://m.imgur.com/8u5NESw
5afea1af_e11-5.jpg
e11k just a bit bigger...
image-1410855949-Fiio-E11k-7.JPG

But anyways... Off topic. :D

On topic: I hope its either the reviewers faults for not hearing a volume increase from that Lindy "amp", or that the design is the only similarity...

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 308
Apparently, it doesn't have a volume control as far as I can tell. They'll probably just amplify the signal, with volume control directly from the DAP.
I don't think it'll be able to best the E6, despite my lack of experience with amps. 

Get your double amping engines ready!

I'll have one coming soon, I have an E06 I can test along side it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back