Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #31 of 452
Nice review.. From the OP's review it sounds like they may have a similar sound sig to the old Soundmagic PL30's which I still use at times and absolutely still love because of their wide soundstage. I might give these a try hoping they will be better than the god awful Beta V2's I bought one time which I hated..
smile.gif
Out of all the Brainwavz IEM's I've bought the Beta V2's were the only pair I didn't like.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #32 of 452
  Nice review.. From the OP's review it sounds like they may have a similar sound sig to the old Soundmagic PL30's which I still use at times and absolutely still love because of their wide soundstage. I might give these a try hoping they will be better than the god awful Beta V2's I bought one time which I hated..
smile.gif
Out of all the Brainwavz IEM's I've bought the Beta V2's were the only pair I didn't like.

Maybe the Beta V3 would be more to your tastes :wink:

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #33 of 452
  Maybe the Beta V3 would be more to your tastes :wink:

Ok, now I'm wondering what Betas I have. I assumed V2 because the V1 looked different, right? My Betas, bought just a couple months ago are midrange centric with rolled off treble, and bass that extends relatively well only after burn in...but V2 reviews don't sound like what I hear from mine. I had no idea there was a V3.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #34 of 452

Ok, now I'm wondering what Betas I have. I assumed V2 because the V1 looked different, right? My Betas, bought just a couple months ago are midrange centric with rolled off treble, and bass that extends relatively well only after burn in...but V2 reviews don't sound like what I hear from mine. I had no idea there was a V3.

Interesting.  When I had the M1 I thought it was a competent performer but I felt it lacked extension at both ends.  The R1 is much, much better for the same price.

I assume the Delta replaces the Beta.  How does it compete with like priced iems?

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #35 of 452
I would say the Delta represents one of the best sounding IEM's I have heard at it's price bracket. I have owned the VSD1 and I think the Delta sounds as good as or better than that IEM depending on personal taste and it a bit better built in regards to strain reliefs. The cable is a bit springy but other than that seems very sturdy. I also like the accessories it comes with. All in all it is a very good choice for anyone looking for a more neutral sound.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #36 of 452

I was just joking about the V3, there is no such thing.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #37 of 452
  Interesting.  When I had the M1 I thought it was a competent performer but I felt it lacked extension at both ends.  The R1 is much, much better for the same price.

I assume the Delta replaces the Beta.  How does it compete with like priced iems?

The Brainwavz lineup doesn't sit still, it improves with each new generation, so I wasn't really surprised to see the Delta's improve so much over their Beta counterparts. The real surprise was by how much, especially in the build quality department. The Delta's are amazing for the price paid.
I think these blow away just about any IEM in it's price class. They sound great, look great, and are built great. You normally get one of the above for $20.00...sad but true.

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #38 of 452
I would say the Delta represents one of the best sounding IEM's I have heard at it's price bracket. I have owned the VSD1 and I think the Delta sounds as good as or better than that IEM depending on personal taste and it a bit better built in regards to strain reliefs. The cable is a bit springy but other than that seems very sturdy. I also like the accessories it comes with. All in all it is a very good choice for anyone looking for a more neutral sound.

What signature do you think it's similar to?

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #39 of 452

I get my Deltas this morning and had to get my cup o bucks and throw them in my ears just to see what Brainwavz been cooking. After hearing these. I am gonna have to reconsider them R3s. If the R3 scale in value like these Deltas. I think we will all be in for a real nice surprise with the R3s.. So onto the Deltas. These earphones for the asking price clearly shows the type of commitment to sound that other manufacturers should strive for. For your $20 you clearly get your monies worth in sound and a solid build. The sound is even, balanced, clear, well represented across the entire spectrum.

At first listen I was kinda worried the phones was another cheap sounding budget fi but the stock tip didn't seal the sound in for me so I switched to the foams that was provided and lo n behold the bass comes into play which was clearly missing from initial listen.

I messed around with some other tips and settled on the double flange tips that was provided with my M5 earphones..Which gives a touch more space separation and that bass..These are not bass heavy or treble happy or mids happy..The balance on these earphones are actually commendable. Not too many phones that cost $20 sound like these or do they have the balance these do..These to me sound way better than the cheapo Panasonics, JVC, Sonys, Philips, and many phones I have heard at this cost range..Guys looking for a big bass phone these are not it but what these do have is a solid sound from the treble to the bass..Sure it could use more stage, have more depth, Bass reach lower and the treble more air, mids more detailed but we are talking about a $20 phone that don't have me wanting too much more in any region of sound. These are quite simply a solid sounding phone at any price range let alone $20..

I think Brainwavz has outdone themselves with these earphones. If this is an indication of where they are headed with their new earphones. I have to say. I am impressed. Good job fellas. I am enjoying them as I type and that is the ultimate goal of any earphone at any price let alone a $20 phone. These sound damn good. Lol. Next time ya'll are on Mp4nation grab yourself a pair..

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #44 of 452
The E10 is my favorite budget iem, bettering anything I've heard for up to double its price. The Delta is in the same vein of being much better than its price suggests. Plus build quality seems great as well.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #45 of 452
I got mine on the burn in but they don't seem to really need too much burn in. They sounded solid from the get go. I am tempted to try out their new S1 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back