Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Sep 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #18 of 452
How do they compare to the budget king Monoprice 8320? Does anyone have them to compare?

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #19 of 452
  How do they compare to the budget king Monoprice 8320? Does anyone have them to compare?

The famous much hyped Monoprice.  As comfortable as sticking a jagged rock in your ear.  As attractive as a tramp stamp tattoo on a 400 pound leprous hooker.

I don't think Brainwavz is capable of making an IEM quite that lousy.

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 452
  The famous much hyped Monoprice.  As comfortable as sticking a jagged rock in your ear.  As attractive as a tramp stamp tattoo on a 400 pound leprous hooker.

I don't think Brainwavz is capable of making an IEM quite that lousy.

This is true, (even if they don't feel like they're a rock in my ears) but how do they compare price/sound quality. It is the most important to me.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #22 of 452
These are definitely a steal for their price and are the most balanced IEM I have heard in their price range. I a have these and the S1 to review and am enjoying these more than the S1 signature wise. If your into a balanced sound and want a pair of beaters or are just wanting to explore a more balanced signature these are worth every penny, and they are decently built to boot.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #23 of 452
These are definitely a steal for their price and are the most balanced IEM I have heard in their price range. I a have these and the S1 to review and am enjoying these more than the S1 signature wise. If your into a balanced sound and want a pair of beaters or are just wanting to explore a more balanced signature these are worth every penny, and they are decently built to boot.

Stop, just stop it. Please. Tell me that they suck. Tell me I don't need another woman in my life.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #24 of 452

Great to hear someone elses opinion of these :) I think the signature is pretty darn great, price notwithstanding. What are your opinions on the build quality? So far they have taken everything I've dished out to them and still look like the day I got them in for testing....and I'm not gentle with my testing 'phones, quite the opposite actually. How else are you gonna know how strong they are if you don't abuse them :wink:

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #25 of 452
Quite happy to see people already enjoying the Deltas, they are really a nice pair of earphones.

I just want to just point out a few things:

- The pictures D2K have posted show the Delta with Comply T500 foam tips, the Deltas will actually ship with Comply S400 foam tips, the same that are in most of our M-series earphones.
- The sound sig of these are more in line with traditional analytical sound curves.

Most of the new upcoming Brainwavz earphone line are using redesigned plug and splitters than what we used on our older models and they have gone through a lot of durability testing. The deltas and S1 are made to take abuse and still look and function as well as when you got them.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #26 of 452
  Quite happy to see people already enjoying the Deltas, they are really a nice pair of earphones.

I just want to just point out a few things:

- The pictures D2K have posted show the Delta with Comply T500 foam tips, the Deltas will actually ship with Comply S400 foam tips, the same that are in most of our M-series earphones.
- The sound sig of these are more in line with traditional analytical sound curves.

Most of the new upcoming Brainwavz earphone line are using redesigned plug and splitters than what we used on our older models and they have gone through a lot of durability testing. The deltas and S1 are made to take abuse and still look and function as well as when you got them.

Deltas are well built IMO, especially for the 20 bucks that you pay for them.  One of the best values out there if I do say so myself.  I don't even have the final version yet either :wink:  Brainwavz has done a good job improving build quality on many of its IEMs, congrats :wink:  The last two IEMs I've gotten are well built. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #28 of 452
They look sturdy but I have only had them for a day so can't comment much yet.

sound wise I am very impressed. Initially they were a bit muddy but even in the first few hours they started to improve and I liked them straight out of the package unlike many IEM's that require burnin to sound good.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #29 of 452
Do they sound sibilant?? R1 was too sibilant for my taste
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back