Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #526 of 1,955
...still prefer the sound of the Crossfade Wireless. Currently waiting for the P7 Wireless...

I for one am looking forward to your opinion / comparison (assuming that you still own the Crossfades...)
popcorn.gif

As for me, I'm on a holding pattern atm as my recent acquisition of A&K's XB10 has me busy... (for now). But I believe a "proper" pair of wireless (full) headphones will be a must...
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #528 of 1,955
Dec 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #529 of 1,955
Dec 14, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #530 of 1,955
And Bass drum

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #536 of 1,955
I for one am looking forward to your opinion / comparison (assuming that you still own the Crossfades...):popcorn:
As for me, I'm on a holding pattern atm as my recent acquisition of A&K's XB10 has me busy... (for now). But I believe a "proper" pair of wireless (full) headphones will be a must... :D

:beerchug:  

Yes, I do still have the Crossfade and intend to keep it for a while (always had a soft spot for the M-100 as well).
Received the P7 just today, only had some minutes before leaving, but I have to say the first impression was not the best. Yes, nice deep and full bass (but with a bit too much midbass), but rather stressful presentation of the female voice in one title I listened to, which the Crossfade did much better.'m also missing sparkle in the treble region, overall it seems rather dark.
What really surprised me: the headband barely stretched (ok, it was still cold from delivery), yet clamping seemed ok! But I have to try for longer. Pads are nice, soft and large/deep enough for my ears, overall feel is very good. Looks is only so so to me, the headband is much too large in relation to the cups. I don't like how the cups swivel, that looks just cheap to me. The case is... nice and unusable. Would not fit my regular bag I use during the day.

I'll give it some time at home to warm up (literally) and then listen some more, but first impression is that these will sonn show up in the for sale section here. So far quite disappointed I have to admit, somehow my expectations were rather high. Of course these are just first impressions (though that rarely changes 180 degree but rather indicates the overall result quite well in my experience). The Crossfade did *much* better in that regard btw. Both were driven by the same AK380.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #537 of 1,955
... The Crossfade did *much* better in that regard btw. Both were driven by the same AK380.

T4S - first impressions of course. "In that regard" - you mean in terms of ergonomics and/or aesthetics? In any event, I'm sorry that it wasn't what you expected - but I (for one) really appreciate your candor.
I was very critical when I received my AK320 and got some static for it, but I think it's important that everyone is sincere - even when sometimes it's not what we want to hear... !

beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #538 of 1,955
How to store the cable? There is no pouch or detected area in the case for the cable and it doesn't seem to fit in the bottom of the case very well. Sticking it on the sides would mean that every time you remove the P7's you would have to deal with the cable. Seems like a sure way to misplace it? Any tips on cable storage?

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #539 of 1,955
  How to store the cable? There is no pouch or detected area in the case for the cable and it doesn't seem to fit in the bottom of the case very well. Sticking it on the sides would mean that every time you remove the P7's you would have to deal with the cable. Seems like a sure way to misplace it? Any tips on cable storage?

I just keep it in the box as I don't use it. Safe there.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #540 of 1,955
I just keep it in the box as I don't use it. Safe there.

I have been using my p7 wireless, wired lately, hooked it up to the v10 and it has stepped up in music quality substantially, goto love it when things get better, but the cord is in the way again.
I hear that AptX HD (Bluetooth v5), is on the way as well, so I would think there's a new model in the planning, or maybe B&W will reserve AptX HD for the p9 wireless model. I might try and change the AptX module over in the p7, once my warranty runs out in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back