Bose Triport Thread
Dec 29, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #391 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
god forbid someone who doesn't know better happen upon this thread from googling "bose triports"

we'd all be to blame

Exactly, so I think this thread should be deleted.

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #392 of 422
Oh please!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #393 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once I listened to Bose Triports and the next day I did not contract the Ebola virus. That's one of the first things I look for in a headphone; that it doesn't give me a deadly virus. Those Tripots passed the test with flying colors!!! Did I mention my car didn't break down either?? Don't know how those wacky BOse engineers do it!

It's R&D.

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #394 of 422
BOSE is really pissing me off. First of all, if you haven't read this article, make sure you do so: http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I was just on their website to get a good laugh. I came across the "MUSICIANS" section and decided to see what they were offering in the way of musician quality (LOL) products. Everything there is a joke. So I proceeded to look through the owner's manuals. It is rather funny how the only mention of any frequency response is in their bass modules at 40-180Hz. But right above it they mention the power handling of their speakers, and guess what... no frequency response ratings...

The whole company is a joke, their products are a joke, and the consumers who purchase their products need to have a deprogramming session with a therapist.

I really hope one day the BOSE bubble bursts and they shrivel up like a dead worm!!! Can you feel the animosity?? $500 for a freakin' alarm clock.... burn in hell, BOSE!!
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Edit: "Better Sound through Research" my A**!!! More like "Better Profiteering From Lies!!" The last time they did any research was when they used their massive horde of lawyers to make B.S. patents, or when they researched how successful advertising could screw the public (and our Airforce, with outdated equipment) out of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #395 of 422
Actually it was the Bose triports that started my headphone journey. it went like
Bose Triports > Grado SR60 > Beyer DT231 > HD201 > MS1 > AKG K501.

And all because I lost the triports during a walk in the middle of the night, during a camp / outing.
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #396 of 422
lol! bose is responsible for my lattest forey into good headphones as well. i tried the tri ports. they sucked. i got etymotics er-4p, dont really like the fit and the microphonics and lack of soundstage. ultimate ears super pro 5 but didn't like the lack of detail. akg 701 i love! and now stax sr/001. i am still really looking for and in ear monitor i can really love. cant wait to see some reviews on westone 3s. i still believe the price of iem's is really inflated and i expect the price of really good dual and tripple driver to come down in next yr or so.

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #397 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrox89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently some people in the hi-fi or "audiphile" community like to rag on the triports, but i think that they should be commended. After a year and a half of use, mine are actually still together, now come on, 1 and a half years? Thats a long time.

uh...are you kidding me? a long time?
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #398 of 422
Lord, long time since I thought of this thread. Interesting to see it's made it to 20 pages especially since there were a couple mods at the time who were frothing at the mouth to delete it!
biggrin.gif
The exceptional qualities of this headphone only become more apparent as time goes on though. Truly it is a one of a kind and the box still works well to rest my other headphones on...
evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #399 of 422
Raising the dead, reviving this thread! (for a good reason)

I finally found the solution to my earwax problems - I put on the triports the other day and my earwax melted away out of respect for the awesome triport sound!

May 25, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #400 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raising the dead, reviving this thread! (for a good reason)

I finally found the solution to my earwax problems - I put on the triports the other day and my earwax melted away out of respect for the awesome triport sound!

Good to hear about the earwax dillema getting resolved. Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I want to ask if anyone knows of a store in Toronto where I can purchase some Quiet Comfort (reasonably priced).

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #402 of 422
I don't believe it...after years of research I've found a BOSE F#@^%! Triport Appreciation Thread!!!

Thanks to everyone posted here, it was the funniest thing I've read in months...I have them too, bought them for 50$ just to see if they're really THAT bad and those reviews posted here made me laugh really hard with sentences like "These headphones bass reproduction is second to none", "Indeed Bose states in the products manual not to turn on Bass Boost features on your personal audio device as this can spoil the fine tuning the Headphones have been given in order to produce the most balanced sound"

and especially this guy here
MacMerc.com: MacMerc Review >> Bose Triport Headphones saying that they have three drivers in each cup and, of course, indeed the best in the world. I mean, people are reading and believing this!!!

Really funny thread and IMO it deserves at least one more reviving just in case someone (like me) wants to take a break from all those cans/amps/sources... and laughs a little
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #404 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE.. The Jim Jones of audio.

hahahahahahaahahaha. Best analogy ever.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #405 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and especially this guy here
MacMerc.com: MacMerc Review >> Bose Triport Headphones saying that they have three drivers in each cup and, of course, indeed the best in the world. I mean, people are reading and believing this!!!

That made me laugh really hard

I really couldn't believe my ears the first time I heard my uncles triports. "They sound pretty awesome don't they?" he asked. I was truly speechless. After a while I managed to utter one short sentence. "These cost you $150?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back