Bose Triport Thread
Dec 28, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #376 of 422
I'll be honest. I used to have triports. Extremely comfy. Dark, muddy bass-filled sound. No aliveness, bass prevailed. I also like them because basher from oceans 11 wore them. If they were cheaper, id rebuy them.

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #377 of 422
I friend just came over (and has been over, for around a week), and he has Triports.
I have had PortaPros for like over a month...

The Triports sound VERY similar... but there very closed...

The portapros sound much more real (ie instrumental stuff, streaming classical stuff)...

I'm an open type of person, but since the bose isolates so well it really brings out the bass.

Oh and there crazy loud too, with no audible distortion.

EDIT: PortaPros are like 1/5 the price...

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #378 of 422
^Well, yeah, ignoring the pricetag, the Triports aren't half bad. It's when you realize that you spent $150 for them and that your headband has alread broken that you realize how bad they are
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #379 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess everyone knows now NOT to put your Bose headphone in you sig if you are the proud owner of one.

I walked into Best Buy before Xmas and saw someone listening to a Bose In-Ear. They continued to take it out after a minute and exclaimed "WOW!! These are the best headphones I have ever heard in my entire life!! I'm buying a pair for me, my wife, and my son."

WAY TO GO, BOSE MARKETING MACHINE!!! It's as effective as Nazi propoganda was, maybe more so.
rolleyes.gif

The problem is, the guy never heard decent headphones in his life.. So listening to the triport was a big leap to him.. & theres no real alternative, least at BB..No Sens, just crappy Sony & Phillips cans, that you can't audition like the BOSE TP's... The TP's are very comfy..Seriously, I could sleep with them.. The sound isn't too great, but listenable.. Whats awful is how they are made..Very cheaply.. 50.00 cans are more sturdy..

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #380 of 422
I have never owned anything Bose. I'm kinda almost curious to find out what the Triports sound like. Can someone describe objectively, without bias and in as much detail as possible what the Triports sound like?

Also, in another thread, someone mentioned they can't hear the difference between an ER-4P and HJE-50's. The reason for that I'm guessing is most people don't listen attentively and judge a set of cans by how it makes them feel about their music. In this case, stuff the "one note bass", "no highs no lows" - people love the Bose colourisation and that's what sells their headphones and ppl who like the Bose colourisation will prefer the Triports to to a set of cans with better measurements. Despite not knowing what they sound like, amirite?

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #381 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never owned anything Bose. I'm kinda almost curious to find out what the Triports sound like. Can someone describe objectively, without bias and in as much detail as possible what the Triports sound like?

Also, in another thread, someone mentioned they can't hear the difference between an ER-4P and HJE-50's. The reason for that I'm guessing is most people don't listen attentively and judge a set of cans by how it makes them feel about their music. In this case, stuff the "one note bass", "no highs no lows" - people love the Bose colourisation and that's what sells their headphones and ppl who like the Bose colourisation will prefer the Triports to to a set of cans with better measurements. Despite not knowing what they sound like, amirite?

I listened to a set at the apple store last time and compared them to my ER4P. They do indeed live up to their reputation at head-fi. It was very muddy and muffled. It sounded like it was cut off above 6000Hz. The sound wasn't anywhere near as articulate as the ER4P.
The bass, which is the strength of the triports, weren't exactly tight and punchy either.
There were a few people next to me that were trying on the triports and considering buying them. I was tempted to let them try on my ER4's, but IEMs aren't too share friendly.
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #382 of 422
would u describe the sound as "nightclub sound" or "cinema sound"? u know - in a nightclub the bass is not so much a note but more of a rumble, or in a cinema where treble is non existent and even female voices sound like farts?

taking a stab in the dark here but that's something i can relate to when i think about unappealing sound

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #385 of 422
me and a friend were at the Virgin Superstore in NYC and there was a station of something like 6 Zunes all with Tri-Ports. i figured what the hell. i certainly agree with the general consensus but the thing that really struck me was at least the pair i tried was incredibly sibilant.

i give the tri-ports a resounding YUCK!

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #386 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by astro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha yeah I know what you're saying about nighclub/cinema sound.
I think it's kinda similar. The bass isn't really overpowering though.

most people like that sound tho

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #389 of 422
I have the bose triports, and I didn't mind them that bad. Compared to the new headphones I got today, the Beyerdynamic DT880, the bose ones are pretty bad. I will admit, though, the base is really good on the bose (dance/nightclub as some mentioned already). I haven't decided if I'm going to sell mine or not. They may still make decent workout headphones (I like to walk outside, go to the gym, etc)...I have some shure ones though, so maybe I'll just use those again (they kinda hurt my ear some after using it for awhile).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back