Bose Triport Thread
Aug 18, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #316 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
bose doesnt know jack about making headphones, but they have excellent customer support. They are sending me a new pair of triports after about 20 months(they come with a 1 year warranty). Theyre going straight to ebay to fund my head-fi addiction(pm me if youre interested in buying htem though).

yikes, good of Bose do this, and the candid explanation from you on what you mean to do with them is surprising too..hope this works out for you!

Meh, I would not feel comfortable doing the same thing myself.

Aug 18, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #319 of 422
So either directly from BOSE or some place like Best Buy? I'm looking for an online place and I need to know that I will be guaranteed to be able to get my money back (Regardless of what condition the 'phones are returned in, or if the headband breaks, etc.). I can't wait to try out the TriPorts!
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #320 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
Bose cans cure tinnitus.

thanks for the details on this post
tongue.gif

Curious if you are serious, how did you come to learn this information?

Aug 18, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #321 of 422
Them ain't the facts - THESE are the facts!

Bose doesn't give people tinnitus. Music played through Bose gives people tinnitus.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals that haven't worn Bose yet.

Bose does not sleep. It breaks.

The chief export of Bose is Pain.

There is no cable under Bose's cup. There is only another thinner, suckier Bose.

Bose has two speeds. Walk, and Suck.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Bose 3. Cancer

Bose drives an ice cream truck covered in human cochlea.

Bose is not my Homeboy.

Bose doesn't go hunting... BOSE GOES SUCKING.

Aug 18, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #323 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Bose doesn't give people tinnitus. Music played through Bose gives people tinnitus.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals that haven't worn Bose yet.

There is no cable under Bose's cup. There is only another thinner, suckier Bose.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Bose 3. Cancer

Bose is not my Homeboy.

This is an appreciation thread. Please take this flaming elsewhere.

Okay, I think ordering directly from BOSE would be the best method then. Am I going to be questioned as to why I am returning them? Is there any re-stocking fee or anything along those lines? And do you think the TriPorts would be enough or should I spring for the QC2/3 for the full experience?

Aug 18, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #324 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Bose is not my Homeboy.

If Bose was in Rosa Parks seat she'd move to the back of the bus.

If Jahn had two bullets and was in a room with Bose, Hitler, and Stalin he'd shoot Bose twice.

The Dead Kennedys were just the Kennedys until they heard Bose.

Bose has been to Mars that's why there's no life there.

The state of California plans to reduce violent crime by changing the method of capital punishment from lethal injection to Bose.

tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #325 of 422
wakeride74 - Some of those are just in bad taste and could be considered offensive.

Aug 18, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #326 of 422
Quote:

Okay, I think ordering directly from BOSE would be the best method then. Am I going to be questioned as to why I am returning them?

Probably, but they shoudlnt give you any trouble.

Quote:

Is there any re-stocking fee or anything along those lines?

no

Quote:

And do you think the TriPorts would be enough or should I spring for the QC2/3 for the full experience?

No, cut your losses. Stick with the triports.

Aug 18, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #327 of 422
Finally! I love them. I've just been waiting for someone to start a thread like this so I could confess it. I feel so much better now. Thank you.

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #329 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghingus
The thing about Bose is that they use "wave technology". I think it means that the drivers they use produce "sound waves". It's so amazing!

The "waveguide technology" refers to long intestine inside the radio which is supposed to acoustically amplify the sound -- the same way pipe organs work in a church. The longer the pipe, the fuller and bigger the sound. Bose claims there are two 26-inch pipes ("waveguides") inside the wave radio.

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #330 of 422
The greatest nod to what Bose is capable of-

When Chuck Norris put Triports on...

He died.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back