Bose MIE2i or iBeats?
May 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

elykoj

New Head-Fier
I know people don't like either of these brands, but these are my choices. I am just a casual listener with my iPhone 4s and listen to pop,r&b, and acoustics. What are pros and cons of both and which is the better choice? Thank you

May 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 24
can i just ask, whats the point of coming on here with these questions if you know people dont like them? its extremes but its like saying "i know neither is ideal but should i get shot in my left or right leg?" the only answers you will really get is why are you shooting yourself? people dont like these earphones for a reason, because they are rubbish for the price charged. Its fair to say that a lot of the hate comes from hearsay and a lot of people havent even tried them. but the reason they didnt try them is because thy listen to the first reviews which told them to go for something else.

where abouts are you from? send me a PM and i'll give you better earphones than them for free, as long as you can cover the shipping, that way you wont be saying they are your only option, just dont go wasting money  on stuff that is crap. =)

May 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 24
your other option is going by the advice of people who blatantly dont know what they are on about:

http://itcomputersupportnewyork.com/ITCSNYITechBlog/2011/05/tech-wars-bose-mei2i-headphones-vs-ibeats-headphones/

May 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 24
Damn.... Thanks guys. Lol. Here's the thing, I am not using any money to buy these. It's basically a rewards program and these are basically the only 2 options for me to choose from. I am not an audio guru I just need some headphones that sound good and these are my 2 choices.

So if you had choice to get either for free, which way would you go?

May 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #10 of 24
I would not recommend either of them but i have had the iBeats in the past and although you'll probably enjoy their massive bass they will break very quick so for that reason i will go for saying grab the Bose!

May 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #11 of 24
ahhhh so you are getting them for free, i must say, next time slap that on the original post, will get a lot more helpful answers. id go for the bose then,onthe thought they will last you longer and perhaps convince you to look into something of better quality.

May 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:
ahhhh so you are getting them for free, i must say, next time slap that on the original post, will get a lot more helpful answers. id go for the bose then,onthe thought they will last you longer and perhaps convince you to look into something of better quality.

x2 definitly i would say the bose.

May 23, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #13 of 24
I own the original Bose IE and use it daily. If you don't need isolation they are pretty good and easily the most comfortable earbud type phone I have ever used. Most reviews say that the IE2 has better bass. I looked at the IE2 the other day and they have solved a few of the problems I have with the original. The "authentication chip"is now relocated to a better position and the cord is not crazy long.

May 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #14 of 24
Free? Get the more valuble one, (iBeats), then sell it, then use the money to get something better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back