Bose headphone displays are against hygiene health laws?
Feb 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

milkweg

Banned
Whenever I ask in a store if I can listen to any headphones I am interested in they always say they can't do that anymore due to hygiene health laws. Well, then why are they allowed to have those Bose demo displays if that is true?

Feb 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 31
Sometimes I wonder why we are not all dead already and why human race still exists. It seems everything is considered to be dangerous nowadays, be it supposedly bad hygiene or bacteria or just making food on frying pan and possible toxins it might create...

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 31
Bose is a bumwasher and not a hp. You should never put them on your ears if someone have used them to wash behind after wc visit. Im freaking serious here.

well. i wonder how often they wash their pads. You should ask them if your trying some phones someday. guessing they would be shaking their heads ????

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 31
Sounds like a made up reason not to let people demo headphones. Health laws, generally, only apply to food handling and healthcare practitioners.

If such laws existed, they'd also probably prevent you from touching door handles, using a public restroom or trying on clothes at a store.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 31
Yea, that's my conspiracy theory too and wanted someone else to bring it up before I commented on it. They say that just so they don't have to open a pair to demo as that costs them money. In the old days you could demo headphones before buying but not anymore and it sucks. Not anywhere where I live anyway.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #7 of 31
c'mon..u r talking about consumer electronic stores....they dont let u audition headphones because they dont get it..they dont how to sell headphones.

thats why in singapore ..2 stores.. Jaben and Stereo Electronics are doing a great business...they let people try all headphones they have with all amps they have for hours.

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever I ask in a store if I can listen to any headphones I am interested in they always say they can't do that anymore due to hygiene health laws. Well, then why are they allowed to have those Bose demo displays if that is true?

There are plenty of Bose demo displays in this country. In Bose itself, as well as HMV. Apple also uses a combination of Bose and Sennheiser headphones to demo their DAPs.

TBH, they don't sound nearly as bad as their reputation.

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 31
Because BOSE is nothing more than expensive ear warmers...

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you look like this?
tongue.gif

bum.jpg

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #12 of 31
The sound that comes out of the Bose phones is unhygienic. :wink:

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound that comes out of the Bose phones is unhygienic. :wink:

No, the actual reason why Bose is allowed to display those headphone is because their sound is classified germicide with minor psychoactive property.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back