Bluetooth Mouse?
Dec 19, 2008 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
I'd like a wireless mouse for my laptop when I use it at the desk. The idea of any kind of dongle, even the smallest USB one, irks me. My laptop has built-in Bluetooth, so my thought is to get a bluetooth-capable mouse.

Seems there are not nearly as many offerings as USB-types. Plus, they seem to be of the smaller size variety (presumably for portability).

Are there any known issues with bluetooth mice, or particular models? Any recommendations? Are there larger models?

Any info is appreciated.

TIA.

biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 32
I picked up a Mogo PCMCIA bluetooth mouse awhile back and am somewhat happy with. Takes a bit of getting used to due to it's ultra thin profile but you can't beat it's convenience. Fits in you PCMCIA to charge and store.

MoGo_BT.jpg

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 32
A Bluetooth mouse is definitely the way to go.
I am into my 5th year with mine, and it has so far not caused a single problem. Just exchange batteries each 2-3 weeks, and on it goes...

I am a Mac user though, and have an Apple mouse. Like this.
6720595415083573.JPG

Dec 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappucho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up a Mogo PCMCIA bluetooth mouse... Fits in you PCMCIA to charge and store.

That is ultra convenient! Not sure about the ultra slim form-factor though. Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Bluetooth mouse is definitely the way to go...I am a Mac user though, and have an Apple mouse.

Are the Apple bluetooth mice usable on PC's?

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is ultra convenient! Not sure about the ultra slim form-factor though.Are the Apple bluetooth mice usable on PC's?

To be fair I have never tried or read about using an Apple Bluetooth mouse on a MS Windows or GNU/Linux computer. Mine have only one button, and will be pretty much unusable in MS Windows (no right-click). The new Mighty Mouse have two buttons, so should have no such issues.

It works with MS Windows running through Boot Camp on a Mac, so I don't see why it should not work on any other computer.

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 32
I wanted to get one too for my new Vaio. I ended up getting the Sony Vaio one because... it looks cool.
smily_headphones1.gif
It was a little expensive, though, at $60 from Amazon. I should have it next week, if you haven't bought one by then, I'll let you know if it's any good!

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 32
I own and love three Apple BT mice (?). Very responsive and accurate. Good battery life. I have succeeded in getting one working under XP but it is a bit hit or miss. Net wisdom seems to indicate that Vista experience is better, and that under XP each reboot seems to require reconfiguration. A quick Google brings up plenty of links. Good luck!

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 32
I like logitech v470 looks but they don't have a back button so I get a microsoft 5000 instead. It's working alright. I wish logitech made a ver. of their mx or vx in bluetooth.

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 32
I use a Targus AMB03US and it performs well. It has rechargable AA or AAA's(can't remember without opening) and it recharges by using a mini usb cable hooked up to the computer. I have to hook it up about once a week with my normal amount of usage.

Good luck with your search.

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 32
I have a Keningston Track/Mouse which is very slim and small to carry around for my Dell Mini 9.

Dec 19, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 32
Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm looking for a larger (full-sized) model, with at least two buttons (need right-click) that will work on Vista64.

More input is welcome. TIA.

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 32
Logitech V270.

Used it for ages and keeps ticking even after much abuse. Batteries last around a month and has the (I think) cool feature of being able to run off just 1 AA battery. Obviously not as comfortable as a G5 but for on the move its very handy and much better than using the trackpad.

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 32
I am a Mac user as well. I love my bluetooth mouse. Occasionally it gets a little finicky with pairing. Usually it is fine. I went for the Rocketfish money sold at Best Buy. It looks like the Apple, except when it is on sale, it is $25 compared to the cost of the Apple bluetooth mouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Bluetooth mouse is definitely the way to go.
I am into my 5th year with mine, and it has so far not caused a single problem. Just exchange batteries each 2-3 weeks, and on it goes...

I am a Mac user though, and have an Apple mouse. Like this.
6720595415083573.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back