Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Aug 23, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #76 of 1,134
Quote:
Over the years there are many sellers claiming they have the "OEM' PK1 driver, which is nothing but fake. This is no difference.

Omg, didn't know that information.
The guy of the link I shared should be reported then. Clamining to sell in his earphones an official PK1 driver which is not, is really bad :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #77 of 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you just talked me into a PK2 Danneq. Could you compare the two (M2C and PK2) a little more? PM would be great, if you don't wanna derail the thread. I love the yuin fit, and the m2c sound was pretty good.. if the pk2 is closeish to the m2c or even better in some regards, I must get a pair.

Well, I don't want to derail the thread either so I'll try to keep it short, although it's nice to see a living thread about earbuds. I wonder why swbf2cheater was banned from Head fi? I miss his earbud related threads and reviews...

Anyway, remember that these is my subjective impressions. I have read about many who don't like the PK2.

This is from a PM I sent to someone who asked me to compare my PK2 and M2C:
I brought my PK2 and M2C on the train to work today. When used on the go, I'd say that you can hear bass more with the M2C. With the PK2 you feel the bass more. So the bass is more upfront in the M2C, but goes deeper in the PK2. I prefer the PK2 in this way. The M2C bass does sound a bit hollow even if its louder than on the PK2.

Today's a slow day at work, so I have compared the earbuds when listening to some songs on Youtube. In a more quiet setting, the PK2 wins. They are more airy and lush. Soundstage on the M2C is deeper and wider than on the PK2, but still the M2C feel slightly closed in. Perhaps the soundstage is a bit taller on the PK2?

So:
PK2:
Bass goes pretty deep. Soundstage isn't very deep, but is pretty wide and tall. Overall a sort of airy sound.

M2C:
Bass doesn't go as deep as on the PK2, but can be heard more. Soundstage is pretty deep and also wider than on the PK2. Soundstage doesn't feel as tall, though. 

You can find PK2 sold for a little over $50 on Ebay. If you stick to a top-rated seller, I think it's worth trying out. Stay away from DIY mods, though...

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #78 of 1,134
Quote:
Omg, didn't know that information.
The guy of the link I shared should be reported then. Clamining to sell in his earphones an official PK1 driver which is not, is really bad :frowning2:

I wonder why anyone would go to the trouble to put PK1 drivers in PK2 housing. Don't all the PK earbuds share the same housing? Just seeing that got me suspicious...

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #80 of 1,134
I agree with most of what Danneq says regarding PK2 v M2C. I just got my PK2 off ebay for less than $50. One thing I like more about M2C is the soundstage but overall the sq on the PK2 is more to my liking. Also the smaller size is a better fit for me and the cable is better.

I want to sell my M2C but I'm not comfortable passing them on with what I believe is a stiff cable.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #81 of 1,134
Quote:

I wonder why anyone would go to the trouble to put PK1 drivers in PK2 housing. Don't all the PK earbuds share the same housing? Just seeing that got me suspicious...

PK1 body is 100% same as PK2, but for PK3 the difference is on the all around plastic driver (bigger and holes are not the same).
Anyway on his page he says that his PK2 bodies are all with a "R" symbol erased and half for the "L" without showing Yuin Pk1 or Pk2 logo on the body aswell, and thus, on every earbuds he sell... very weird.

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #82 of 1,134
Just got an email from eBay saying the funds from my iPod sale cleared as well :)...sentiment below shared.
Quote:

Great! I got the same reply to the mail I had sent to Blox. And payday is this Friday!

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #84 of 1,134
Can anyone with the TM7 answer this question: Did they fix the cable entry into the earbud yet? That is one thing that really annoys me on my M2C. I wish the cable was secured somehow where it enters the housing. Moving around it makes a tiny bit of noise, but for me the issue is more that I am worried it will break someday.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #85 of 1,134
Can anyone with the TM7 answer this question: Did they fix the cable entry into the earbud yet? That is one thing that really annoys me on my M2C. I wish the cable was secured somehow where it enters the housing. Moving around it makes a tiny bit of noise, but for me the issue is more that I am worried it will break someday.

If you are referring strain relief, there is still none.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #86 of 1,134
Quote:

No problem here, at least on my model.

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #90 of 1,134
Having both the PK2s and M2C, sound wise I prefer the M2C, although from my testing the both do sound different. M2C are more detailed and spacious, but I do enjoy the PK2s also just in a different way. One thing I do like about the PK2s, they fit right in my ear, M2Cs do not in the same way PK2s do, so after 2-3hrs they get a little uncomfortable.  I and guess from my previous post due to the same casing and really wondering how better they might sound to the M2C, I have not rushed out to buy a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back