Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Aug 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #77 of 3,971
Quote:

That is some poorly translated ad copy. If you're going to unveil a flagship product in a worldwide market, you have to take better care of its presentation and the accompanying press releases. Sennheiser's HD800 announcement, for instance, was elegant and imposing. Beyer's tone and the comparisons to the Tesla roadster seemed forced and tacky.

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #78 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree about the DT990.

Me too - and I like the 990's, but that is NOT what their high-end can should be. But if they were 880 like with better bass definition and an even smoother treble than the normal 600 ohm 880's, and a higher overall level of transparency - now THAT would be something great.

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #81 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They claimed over 1T of magnetic field, anyone know what the magnetic field strength of something like HD800 is ?

the real question is: how long does it take to fry your brain up? cellphones keep lowering EMI, and headphones keep increasing it
redface.gif

Ultrasone claims to shield EMI, considering the driver is behind a metal plate(they even have a full section on their website about EMI shielding)...the other manufacturers don't seem to care.

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #82 of 3,971
The HD800 is probably similar. For interest a neodynium magnet is apparently 1.25T, an MRI scanner between 1 and 3T and a neutron star is a million tesla. The strongest man made magnetic field on Earth was 2800T.
Given this information I'm not sure why they're talking about it at all.

Also - no risk whatsoever of damaging EMI.

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #83 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the real question is: how long does it take to fry your brain up? cellphones keep lowering EMI, and headphones keep increasing it
redface.gif

Ultrasone claims to shield EMI, considering the driver is behind a metal plate(they even have a full section on their website about EMI shielding)...the other manufacturers don't seem to care.

Is this a valid worry? Kind of troubling...

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #84 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a valid worry? Kind of troubling...

Not if you wear a tinfoil hat. Be sure to put a grounding strap on it, too.

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #85 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, boy. I've found it easy to resist both the new HD800 and the PS1000 but this... this I will probably not be able to resist since I'm a Beyer fan.

same here.

the price is very bad.... if it's more expensive, i can simply say too expensive and i'm not going to get it. 880 euro, i think save up for it
redface.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #86 of 3,971
For years people have been saying stuff like "For $1K+ it better inject some sort of drug into me!" Beyer has finally done it. Using super magnets the headphones actually change the bloodflow in your brain, making your pleasure center giddy with glee.

The ultimate secret to great sounding headphones...mood manipulation! A few months after release people come onto Head-Fi reporting withdrawal symptoms after being away from the T1 for a day.

Beyer has figured it out! Magnets for the win!

The release date is set for November. I hope they stick to that. I need my magnets!

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #89 of 3,971
unfortunately these will probably be the next greatest headphones. each time a new phone over $1,000 appears lately it is proclaimed better that what there was yesterday.

i say unfortunately because i am a sound engineer. i don't care how good these sound they will not be on my head. they sport nearly as much magnetism as an mri! if you went for mri's everyday for a few hours you wouldn't need worry about what malady the mri was scanning! kudo's to ultrasone for implementing the exact opposite technology.

then, twice as loud? man oh man. i guess the folks that buy these will probably be those that also chew tobacco and drink a 5th. of jack daniels everyday lol. nice to see beyer cares about our health.

just having been wowed by the dt880 pro i was very excited about this release. untill i read about three lines of the press release. magnetism and electrical current are not your heads friend! high spl is not your ears friend!

whew.

music_man

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #90 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is some poorly translated ad copy. If you're going to unveil a flagship product in a worldwide market, you have to take better care of its presentation and the accompanying press releases. Sennheiser's HD800 announcement, for instance, was elegant and imposing. Beyer's tone and the comparisons to the Tesla roadster seemed forced and tacky.

Who cares how good the marketing is? It's just their way of convincing sheep to buy their products, I'm pretty sure most of us buy based on reviews or the past products of the company (in the case of a newly released product).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back