Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #497 of 4,487
Oooh.. I think that's an opinion thing. "Weight" and how much is up to you. Personally I think the T90 has ample weight. Mind you, I haven't listened to an LCD-2 or 3 so my benchmark is different to others.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #498 of 4,487
Oooh.. I think that's an opinion thing. "Weight" and how much is up to you. Personally I think the T90 has ample weight. Mind you, I haven't listened to an LCD-2 or 3 so my benchmark is different to others.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #499 of 4,487
The T90 accurately reflects the bass on the recording. It's very similar to being in a well designed control room with Klein & Hummel o300 studio monitors. The ultra low distortion on these headphones is spooky. Brushes on the snare are incredibly faithful to how they sound in person, as one example. Voices and vocals feel as if the person(s) are in the room with the listener. Good recordings give a huge wow factor. I am actively listening to my music, not my system.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #500 of 4,487
There's the polarizing opinions I was expecting!
wink_face.gif

Honestly, I was having trouble believing the T90 was struggling.  Not that I don't believe that what people were writing was their honest opinion, I just figured a respectable and experienced company like Beyer wouldn't put out a product at that price that no one liked.  I had a feeling it would have to appeal to some.

Really want to try the T90 out...

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #501 of 4,487
Yep, definitely try one out!! I think people either love it or hate it, so that's why YOU should try it!! You'd hate not to audition it only to figure out later that's what you were missing!

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #502 of 4,487
Hey,

The T90 and K702 are both bright, but the T90 reminds me of a MDR-V6 with it's brightness and harshness of sound. The K702 is much smoother and sounds more refined, but lack the detail of the T90's. The T90 also has more bass, much more, but not bloated or exaggerated. The K702's abss is more reserved and lacks some weight but overall is more pleasant and smoother, if that makes sense. Now the midrange aspect is very different between them. Both have a midrgange recession, but the T90 has very little midrange to it. The sound is thin and the elevated treble does not help at all. The K702 is still somewhat thin but has a lot more body to it and sounds more natural. The soundstage differences are big to me. The T90 has a smaller more enclosed sounding soundstage, but offer a better sense of imaging. The K702 has a very wide and shallow soundstage, but the imaging is kind of wonky at times.

Quote:
Guys, anyone who can compare T90 to K702 please?

THX

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #504 of 4,487
Hi,

The T90 is brighter and thinner sounding, but has more bass and a better soundstage. Detail is impressive but not a huge jump. The treble on the T90 can be grating and sibilant but on the DT770 it's smooth but less defined. 

What is it you want to know exactly?

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #505 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey,

The T90 and K702 are both bright, but the T90 reminds me of a MDR-V6 with it's brightness and harshness of sound. The K702 is much smoother and sounds more refined, but lack the detail of the T90's. The T90 also has more bass, much more, but not bloated or exaggerated. The K702's abss is more reserved and lacks some weight but overall is more pleasant and smoother, if that makes sense. Now the midrange aspect is very different between them. Both have a midrgange recession, but the T90 has very little midrange to it. The sound is thin and the elevated treble does not help at all. The K702 is still somewhat thin but has a lot more body to it and sounds more natural. The soundstage differences are big to me. The T90 has a smaller more enclosed sounding soundstage, but offer a better sense of imaging. The K702 has a very wide and shallow soundstage, but the imaging is kind of wonky at times.

+1

Spot on comparison.  My impressions mirror this.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #506 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey,

+2
(from my short auditions of both T90 and K702)

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #507 of 4,487
Now maybe I haven't got "golden" ears, but as you can see by the varying opinions on this headphone, it shows how we all hear things differently!! So if anyone is curious about this 'phone, and if you can, audition it yourself.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #508 of 4,487
We do hear things somewhat differently given our ear canals are different in size and diameter much like our variance in shoe sizes due to anatomical differences in our feet. Therefore our specific canal resonances vary in frequency. If a headphone has a frequency response peak at a specific individual's ear canal resonance it may be perceived as harsh where another may perceive clarity. It really is important to take all our narratives as general guidance only. In the end, each individual should audition for themselves and see if a particular headphone is a good match for their hearing system. The T90 is a very good match for me. I have been comparing the T90 with the HD600, HE-500, AH-D2000, all very good headphones. T90 is tops for my recreational listening, HD600 best for my critical listening concerning spectral balance. YMMV.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #510 of 4,487
I find that with DACport LX it makes my T90 shine. The bass now have more slam and the midrange is nowhere recessed. I think with these combo and my current amp; Graham Slee Solo II, I might have found my endgame. With that said I have yet to audition the HD800, HE-5/600 and the LCD-2/3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back