Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #470 of 4,487
Quote:
Glad to read that someone else have found out how great headphones the T70 are! I love their resolution and open sound. I would still like to hear the T90 one day just to hear them. Maybe the T90 are the failed work of Beyerdynamic and not the T70 - or maybe it is just a matter of synergy with the right chain?

I likes the T70s resolution and open sound too but with an honest higher end SS amp I tried it with it was totally anemic and unsuitable to enjoy music with.
Like it was created for the purpose of listen to different sounds in a song really carefully.
No "soul" so to speak even worse than a HD800.
The T90 with a good tube amp sounds like a better idea. Cant wait to try it out. Thomann have a good price for these at 500 euro. Anyone cheaper in the EU?   

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #471 of 4,487
Quote:

Anyone cheaper in the EU?   

http://www.cobrason.com/casques/casques-hi-fi/beyerdynamic-t90.html

+ Shipping and for a limited time .

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #472 of 4,487
Thanks, they have lots of info there, but seems that K701 are something else than T90, at least one guy kept AKG, I believe.

Quote:
There is a thread of reviews on German hifi forum with few comparisons to K,Q series. Google translate is not ideal but you can give it a shot.

Good price, thanks for posting.

Quote:

http://www.cobrason.com/casques/casques-hi-fi/beyerdynamic-t90.html

+ Shipping and for a limited time .

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #473 of 4,487
Np and yeah, it seams that T90 is comparable to K701 in overall balance, speed and resolution but the presentation is something different. They all had slight problem with treble, you can see it here as well. They are getting Grado 325 reputation since whenever someone mentions T90 there is a follow post that says tube amp :)
Quote:
Thanks, they have lots of info there, but seems that K701 are something else than T90, at least one guy kept AKG, I believe.

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #476 of 4,487
Hi guys,

I haven't really posted anything in the last two months as I have been insanely busy and not into headphones as much. I had video reviews made for the DTX501p, DT770 LE 32Ohm, and DT880 32Ohm, but my blased SD card died and took them with it. So I would have had more videos uploaded for everyone.

I did get a second pair of the T90 in from beyer and they sounded the exact same as the first set: distant, harsh, and wonky. Really my opinion has not changed, these are not worth $300. The Premium and Pro DT990 sound superior and perform better.

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #477 of 4,487
Quote:
Hi guys,

I haven't really posted anything in the last two months as I have been insanely busy and not into headphones as much. I had video reviews made for the DTX501p, DT770 LE 32Ohm, and DT880 32Ohm, but my blased SD card died and took them with it. So I would have had more videos uploaded for everyone.

I did get a second pair of the T90 in from beyer and they sounded the exact same as the first set: distant, harsh, and wonky. Really my opinion has not changed, these are not worth $300. The Premium and Pro DT990 sound superior and perform better.

I feel sorry about those reviews.. It happened to me as well and I ended up skipping the whole thing.
I'm not a fan of the T70 and after reading your opinion on the T90 I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet.
How would you say the T90 sound compared to the T70 regarding what I would say the T70s thin and unnatural sound? 

The LE with some reduced bass sound fantastic though. I like them more than the DT990 600 ohm.

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #478 of 4,487
Hi guys.

Recently I tried p-leather earpads on my T90s, and the result is pretty interesting.
Very punchy bass like DT770 siblings, while maintaining high resolution and quick response that are native to T90s.

Make sure to use earpads provided for open back beyers (specifically EDT990S).
EDT770S are for closed back beyers and will destroy sound balance of T90s by very boomy bass.

FYI, Cheers

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #479 of 4,487
@Zombie_X

Thanks. I've been wondering what your thoughts were. Hadn't heard from you in a while since you had an issue with the adapter.

Thanks for being honest anyway. :) That goes a long way in my book. There's always the pressure for reviewers to give positive reviews etc, all that. Just glad you tell it like you see it. I still have hope for the T90 but I don't know if I'll ever end up with one...

Devin

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #480 of 4,487
Quote:

Same here.  I gave the T90s another shot when I got my Burson Soloist amp.  I thought that maybe the amp would tame those harsh treble spikes.  Alas, the T90 performed pretty much the same.  Vocals were almost unlistenable anytime a "ssss" sound was made.  The sound was quite airy, but it was just too thin and lifeless to me.  It was like taking a headphone and EQ'ing it with a huge spike in the 6-10kHz area.  I just couldn't stand to listen to them for more than 15 minutes or so.

I also tried out the T70 and it seemed far less refined than I was expecting.  I was expecting clear highs and mids with better than average bass.  I was expecting to hear a T90-esque sound without the treble spike.  What I heard was a headphone that didn't perform nowhere near what I paid for it. I have heard >$100 headphones that had a clearer sound than the T70s.  Also the earpads were atrocious.  I don't know what that material was but it was not comfortable.  All in all, I would say that this new 'mid-range' Beyer line-up is a disappointment for me.  As much as I liked the DT880s and to a somewhat lesser extent the DT990s, the T90s and T70s just didn't cut it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back