Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Sep 4, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #61 of 766
I'm actually curious about the T5 as well. I got the new T1 and only really had enough budged for one headphone of this price, otherwise I would of likely gotten both. Hopefully impressions start coming soon.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #62 of 766
Good news. My local store has the T5 (3rd Generation) on sale. I'm trying to see if they already have a demo unit in the store; if so, I'll visit them over the weekend for an audition. My Hugo 2 is charged, and my T5p (2nd Generation) is ready for a road trip. Can't wait to compare the 2 headphones! :)

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #63 of 766
Good news. My local store has the T5 (3rd Generation) on sale. I'm trying to see if they already have a demo unit in the store; if so, I'll visit them over the weekend for an audition. My Hugo 2 is charged, and my T5p (2nd Generation) is ready for a road trip. Can't wait to compare the 2 headphones! :)
You lucky son of a trucker! Netherlands still doesn't sell it...

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #64 of 766
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #65 of 766
Marvellous. I'm especially interested in the Hugo 2 pairing. Look forward to your impressions!

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #66 of 766
Nice. Please let us know how it works out.

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #67 of 766
+1 I am personally more interested in the T5.3 then the T1.3 for the simple reason that in my books the T5p.2 has a flaw while the T1.2 is already up in their game.
So far from first impressions T1.2 vs T1.3 is flavour. I hope T5 fixes the plastic reverb feel of T5p.2 and lowers the mid-bass.

Sep 4, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #68 of 766
+1 I am personally more interested in the T5.3 then the T1.3 for the simple reason that in my books the T5p.2 has a flaw while the T1.2 is already up in their game.
So far from first impressions T1.2 vs T1.3 is flavour. I hope T5 fixes the plastic reverb feel of T5p.2 and lowers the mid-bass.

From the Beyerdynamic website description of the T5-3rd gen : "The third-generation T5 achieves better, more natural reproduction of high mid-range frequencies. This means the sound signature is even more realistic."

I'm assuming the removed the dip in the 2 to 3.4khz section. This is exactly how i equalized my T5P.2. This addresses the position of voices coming a little forward instead of back position. It also removes the slightly hollow sound in voices. I highly doubt that Beyerdynamic touched the midd-bass or the 8khz peak.

Sep 5, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #69 of 766
I owned both generations of both the T1 and T5p in the past, but somehow I cannot get around to gather some (any actually) interest in their 3. generation...
I loved the original T1, liked the T5p.2, but disliked the T1.2 -- no character, just bland and boring to me. With the T5p.2 I had some comfort problems (pad openings a tad too small), but while I liked the sound signature it did not fit my expectations for it's asking price. I recently acquired the SRH1540, like it's sound signature and especially the comfort... I guess I simply can't see how the T5.3 might improve on that.

plus I dislike the simplified gimbal design... I know that both T1 and T5p had problems with the cutout being a weakness, but nevertheless... the new design just looks like the midrange T70/DT1770 etc. And still no oval cups, so much too big overall... Guess I'll pass.

edit: corrected the Shure model name

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #70 of 766
T5p 1.gen was my favourite headphone for a long time. I always loved its speed and brighter, airy and analytical sound. Over the years my ears have changed and today I prefer a more natural softer and mids-focused sound. I narrowed down to having only one closed headphone to use at home with my Meier Daccord+Classic set and ended up with the DT-1770pro. Now I am really interested in the new T5 and T1. Looking forward to read peoples impressions.

Sep 5, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #71 of 766
Nah, I understand Malevolent. For example, I own Amiron Home and Amiron Wireless. They each sounds very different despite the same name. Both are damn amazing. We'll never know for sure how the T5 sounds unless we MUST. TEAR. OUR. WALLET. APART!
What do you use for balanced cable on the Amrion Wireless? It is different than the Amiron Home?

And, it looks like Beyerdynamic is standardizing on the 32 ohm coils for the T5, T1, and Amiron Wireless headphones, probably others in the lineup too.

IDK what I think about 32 ohm only... I was hoping to get a 600 ohm version of the T5 and / or T1...as I don't have a T5 / T1 yet - I might get a 2nd gen with 600 ohm coils instead of the 3rd gen 32 ohm, and save a bunch of $ too - $600 vs $1000.

The T5 / T1 / Amiron Wireless are 32 ohm, the Amiron Home is 250 ohm:
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/t5.html
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/amiron-wireless-copper.html
1599302445469.png

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #74 of 766
First impressions.... The 3rd Generation is actually very good. I enjoy it a lot more than the outgoing model.

I'll write more when I get home. :)

20200905_183413.jpg
Not gonna lie, I like the T5.3 more than the .2 in terms on design and colorscheme.

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #75 of 766
What do you use for balanced cable on the Amrion Wireless? It is different than the Amiron Home?

And, it looks like Beyerdynamic is standardizing on the 32 ohm coils for the T5, T1, and Amiron Wireless headphones, probably others in the lineup too.

IDK what I think about 32 ohm only... I was hoping to get a 600 ohm version of the T5 and / or T1...as I don't have a T5 / T1 yet - I might get a 2nd gen with 600 ohm coils instead of the 3rd gen 32 ohm, and save a bunch of $ too - $600 vs $1000.

The T5 / T1 / Amiron Wireless are 32 ohm, the Amiron Home is 250 ohm:
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/t5.html
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/amiron-wireless-copper.html
1599302445469.png
The Amiron Wireless doesn't use the cable like you see for the, T1, T5 and Amiron Home. It uses a single cable.
The sound from the Wireless is brighter than the Home and yet it's very silky smooth, bass is very well done when needed. I love both Amirons.
If you'll ever get the Wireless, make sure to apply the earpads on your ears so it won't leak bass.
The Amiron Home has a very lovely bass, it's just so damn good!

It would have been nice if either the T1 or T5 would be 250ohm. 600ohm fine too. Look at the T1 and T5, they are now for hi-fi amplifiers too. The T5p.2 wasn't:
https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/t-5-p-2-gen.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back