Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Sep 1, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #47 of 766
More details directly from Beyer regarding the specificity of the T5's tuning:

"The third-generation T5 achieves better, more natural reproduction of high mid-range frequencies. This means the sound signature is even more realistic. At the heart of the third-generation T1 is a gently intensified bass to give the very neutral, spatial sound signature even more warmth. The picture shows the T5! Greetings, Patricia "

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #48 of 766
More details directly from Beyer regarding the specificity of the T5's tuning:

"The third-generation T5 achieves better, more natural reproduction of high mid-range frequencies. This means the sound signature is even more realistic. At the heart of the third-generation T1 is a gently intensified bass to give the very neutral, spatial sound signature even more warmth. The picture shows the T5! Greetings, Patricia "

Even more warmth....hm. Gonna wait on this one.
Sounds like it's designed for me. Is that from the email or description page being updated?

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #49 of 766
Sounds like it's designed for me. Is that from the email or description page being updated?
I just wrote to them directly on Instagram and their rep replied.

Not sure how "gently intensified bass" corresponds with being neutral, but we'll see. Definitely intrigued.

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #50 of 766
Breaking news: I just heard from Beyer regarding the price. Apparently, the US price is a "technical problem" and will likely be elevated soon. So, if you're in the US - or indeed elsewhere - might be worth buying now before Beyer render both EU and US prices 999$/€. Beyer claim the quoted cost is the "wrong price."

Full quote:

"We love them! Regarding the price: we are currently working on this topic. Unfortunately, we had some small technical problems during the launch and the US store still shows wrong prices. Our colleagues are currently working on fixing this error! Greetings, Patricia."

EDIT: prices already raised on US site.
Ahhh, okay. That stings a little, but it's always nice to see an established brand pricing their flagships reasonably. $999 in a market where multi-thousand dollar flagships are a dime a dozen? That's perfectly fine, in my book.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #52 of 766
I agree. The extra bass comment seemed to come from a Beyer rep talking to this site. More bass would almost certainly render the new T5 muddy, but we'll see.

It's pretty clearly a missunderstaning. The offical Beyerdynamic website descriptions:
T5-3rd gen : The third-generation T5 achieves better, more natural reproduction of high mid-range frequencies. This means the sound signature is even more realistic.
T1-3rd gen: At the heart of the third-generation T1 is a gently intensified bass to give the very neutral, spatial sound signature even more warmth

I own a T5p-2nd gen. Any more bass will kill the sound. It's already to much bass with stock pads.

Sep 1, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #53 of 766
I really wish I could listen to the T5p 2nd. I just received my AT WP900 last night. Was indecisive between the two. My initial impressions are middle of the road. Does anyone own both of these to compare?

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #54 of 766
It's pretty clearly a missunderstaning. The offical Beyerdynamic website descriptions:
T5-3rd gen : The third-generation T5 achieves better, more natural reproduction of high mid-range frequencies. This means the sound signature is even more realistic.
T1-3rd gen: At the heart of the third-generation T1 is a gently intensified bass to give the very neutral, spatial sound signature even more warmth

I own a T5p-2nd gen. Any more bass will kill the sound. It's already to much bass with stock pads.
I agree. I love a heavy bass presence myself, but the stock tuning on the 2nd Gen T5p is just about right. IMO; it has just enough bass. Any more mid-bass and you'll skew the entire signature.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #55 of 766
I really wish I could listen to the T5p 2nd. I just received my AT WP900 last night. Was indecisive between the two. My initial impressions are middle of the road. Does anyone own both of these to compare?
I have both headphones; I can listen to them later (after work). What are you specifically looking for, in the comparison?

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #56 of 766
I have both headphones; I can listen to them later (after work). What are you specifically looking for, in the comparison?
Well I only have about 5 hours on the WP900, but a few things are bugging me. 1st being the mids. I'm wondering if the mids on the T5p 2nd are more forward with a little more energy and aggression. The mids on the WP900 I'm finding a little recessed for my liking (nothing terrible). I find them a little soft and romantic compared to what I usually go for. The 2nd thing is the bass. What I'm hearing is kinda sloppy and flabby. Not enough presence for my liking. I'm wondering if the bass on the T5p 2nd is a little quicker, tighter, and a bit more visceral. I'll provide more information as to my initial impressions on the WP900 tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #58 of 766
Does anyone have the 3rd gen T5 yet? Impressions coming in on T1, but all is quiet on the T5...

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #60 of 766
Hopefully, my local store will have a demo unit available soon. I'm as eager as you are! :)
Excellent. Super eager, indeed. I can't say I'm terribly excited by what I'm reading about the T1 but I'm holding out for the T5 with interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back