Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Dec 1, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,081 of 3,701
I have ordered a pair on Amazon. Does anyone know how loud a standard phone can drive these? I don't expect amazing sound, it's mostly for audiobooks when I'm using my phone. At home they'll get some proper power. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #1,082 of 3,701
According to my own experience, dt1770 driven by my sony mobile phone is more than loud enough at maximum volume level and quite listenable; despite the nomial impedance value of 250 Ohm, the Tesla 2.0 driver is amazingly efficient for mobile use...and now i often use it as a portable by making a 1.2m long OCC short cable, particulary for listening to music at coffee shops at afternoons.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #1,083 of 3,701
  According to my own experience, dt1770 driven by my sony mobile phone is more than loud enough at maximum volume level and quite listenable; despite the nomial impedance value of 250 Ohm, the Tesla 2.0 driver is amazingly efficient for mobile use...and now i often use it as a portable by making a 1.2m long OCC short cable, particulary for listening to music at coffee shops at afternoons.

That's good to hear! I'm looking forward to receiving my pair. I heard some people talking about the 1770 beating the T1. Can this really be true? I'm not sure I'll believe it until I hear it. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #1,087 of 3,701
@pietcux
 have you tried out your DT 1770 Pro with a boom mic cable and adapter yet? How was it?

Sorry, I did not manage to try it. Too much life is ongoing right now....

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,088 of 3,701
Sorry, I did not manage to try it. Too much life is ongoing right now....

I asked because I wanted to recommend this as a headset (with the mic and adapter) to a friend. It's okay though I found another head-fi forum post about this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771894/akg-mini-xlr-ta3f-to-3-5mm-adapter-for-v-moda-boompro-uk-eu
Using this adapter: http://www.mimic-cables.com/products/akg-3pin-mini-xlr-to-stereo-3-5mm-adapter

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,089 of 3,701
Hi,.
I would like to change the ear pads from the velour to the alternate pleather pads but am thinking I will have some trouble. I read the other posts about using the notch and spinning the pad on but I am not sure I follow that. Can someone explain that in more detail please.
Thanks
Mike

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,090 of 3,701
Hi,.
I would like to change the ear pads from the velour to the alternate pleather pads but am thinking I will have some trouble. I read the other posts about using the notch and spinning the pad on but I am not sure I follow that. Can someone explain that in more detail please.
Thanks
Mike

I just changed the pads, one was easy the other very difficult. I had to press tightly to hold them on as I spun them through the notch.

It's worth it, the sq is much better with the leatherette pads.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,091 of 3,701
I just changed the pads, one was easy the other very difficult. I had to press tightly to hold them on as I spun them through the notch.

It's worth it, the sq is much better with the leatherette pads.

I did it for 15 times already. It's the same on both sides. But in reverse direction. Just don't do it with haste, take your time to get the feeling. I prefer the velour sound and feel though. To each his own.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,094 of 3,701
The more I listen to the DT 1770 the more I love it.  So well balanced, sparkle and bass but not overpoweringly so. Very comfortable and no real leakage (very important to me in a closed headphone).

I have been looking for a great closed headphone for years, and with this I have finally found it, and at a pretty reasonable price to boot!

To the cable believers - has any one tried to roll any cables with them yet, any reported improvements?

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #1,095 of 3,701
Could please someone show the photo of DT1770 drivers (but not visualization), just photo?

Thank you

There is a cloth cover in place that cannot be easily removes like on the older Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back