Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Thread
Nov 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 113
I just bought the Custom One Pros and the headband really looks like it would be easy to modify. I was thinking of sewing some 1/4 inch memory foam into glove leather or suede then attach some velcro. It seems like a pretty easy thing to do. Hopefully Beyerdynamic will release some memory foam earcups. They really are the best for long term listening sessions and good seal.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 113
All I have done so far is change the pads to the much more comfortable DT770 velour pads (in silver/gray, though I would have preferred the black but you have to specially order them in the UK).  I have also changed the cable to that from the V moda m80, which if not improving the sound does make it slightly louder.  Apparently a decent cable will dramatically help with the sound.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 113
They are ok, very disappointing to begin with but improve tremendously with a long burn in.  The big thing with these phones are that they are bass heavy.  You get 4 different bass settings, generally I only use 2 and 3 for most of my listening.  The mids are a little withdrawn.  The highs are ok.  The sound stage takes quite some time to open up but when it does, it sounds quite good.  The sound isn't quite as detailed as some other headphones but I found the sound quite warm and nice.  I am not sure that these headphone would suit all kinds of listening.  for classical and pop, I much prefer the v moda m80 but for trance, which I listen to quite a bit.  I prefer the COPs, as I am not a big fan of too much upper mid.

They are a good sounding headphone better than most other fashion headphone, with the exception in some ways of the m80, though the sound is very different between them

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #8 of 113
Hello, I am considering getting some Custom One Pros and wondered if anyone was able to find out where to get all the replacement parts.  Especially the piece that bolts on the side.  I would love to get one in silver with silver bolts.  I have a plan to create a wood and silver look.  I have done it in photoshop here with a koa laminate that could easily be applied to an existing ear plate.

May 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 113
Not sure if this thread is dead or not, either way...

I used Flooring samples from Home Depot to make my Custom Wood Covers. The best part is they were free! 

Just trace the existing cover and simply cut them out with a scissor. I sanded the edges down a bit but its not even necessary. I plan on making more considering I could just walk into Home Depot and take them.

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 113
Maybe in time? I just discovered it and I would love for this thread to take off as well! Have any of you had any problems with your COPs yet? I just recently used my second warranty within 5 months for another cable. Apparently there was a "bad batch" of cables and I got really unlucky getting two. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #12 of 113
  Maybe in time? I just discovered it and I would love for this thread to take off as well! Have any of you had any problems with your COPs yet? I just recently used my second warranty within 5 months for another cable. Apparently there was a "bad batch" of cables and I got really unlucky getting two. 

I heard quite a few people that had to replace the cable. I'm one of the fortunate, I had no problems whatsoever. Sadly, the buzz around the COP is pretty much dead but the upcoming Tesla COP might change that.

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #13 of 113
  Hello, I am considering getting some Custom One Pros and wondered if anyone was able to find out where to get all the replacement parts.  Especially the piece that bolts on the side.  I would love to get one in silver with silver bolts.  I have a plan to create a wood and silver look.  I have done it in photoshop here with a koa laminate that could easily be applied to an existing ear plate.

Honestly, this is a good-looking set of headphones you designed. I'm actually considering getting the Black/grey look myself now. Props!
Looks like the screws you can get for pretty cheap from Beyerdynamic http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/custom/?content=accessories
As for the plates I am having trouble finding them but I'll keep looking and let you know!

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 113
  I heard quite a few people that had to replace the cable. I'm one of the fortunate, I had no problems whatsoever. Sadly, the buzz around the COP is pretty much dead but the upcoming Tesla COP might change that.

Hope yours keeps holding strong, but hey I guess you do have that nice Beyerdynamic 2-year warranty just in case! Unfortunately you are right. I love these headphones and have recommended these to 3 of my friends who after listening bought them. Do you know anything about the Tesla COP? I found this http://www.head-fi.org/t/669824/upcoming-beyerdynamic-headphones-custom-one-tesla-custom-one-studio-t51p-and-amp-a20 but still unsure on what the difference is? Just that it's lighter? 

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 113
  Hope yours keeps holding strong, but hey I guess you do have that nice Beyerdynamic 2-year warranty just in case! Unfortunately you are right. I love these headphones and have recommended these to 3 of my friends who after listening bought them. Do you know anything about the Tesla COP? I found this http://www.head-fi.org/t/669824/upcoming-beyerdynamic-headphones-custom-one-tesla-custom-one-studio-t51p-and-amp-a20 but still unsure on what the difference is? Just that it's lighter? 

I think the cable issue was a fluke, these are sturdy headphones unlike the "built like a tank" V-Moda M100 that rusted and flimsy plastic that tended to crack. That's great to hear because the default choice has somehow become the AT M50 which is just mental when you can have a COP for the same price with better everything. That thread is all I know about the Tesla COP as well. It's going to be released in 2014. It will basically be the same headphone only with Tesla drivers like in the flagship T1 and T5p. Those drivers are more accurate and capable but in the process it might lose the COP's outstanding bass which I think is second to none and I had my fair share of bassy headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back