Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,352 of 7,916
Had the V10 for a week now. It is no joke when it comes to its audio capabilities. This thing is a beast.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,356 of 7,916
  I thought the Samsung Galaxy sounded alright, though admittedly I have an iPhone 4S and my listening is done on a FiiO X1.

....You're correct, It really sounds alright (the samsungs), the iphone 4 / 4s chipsets were decent quality for Audio outputs. Up until now, I'm still  wondering how my old ip 4 sounded if it could play Flac / WAV files...

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #1,357 of 7,916
Has anyone considered the Sony Xperia z5? I've been holding off a new phone for a while and trying to decide what to purchase. Unfortunately my only real options are lg or Sony since they both still have sd card slots.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,358 of 7,916
Has anyone considered the Sony Xperia z5? I've been holding off a new phone for a while and trying to decide what to purchase. Unfortunately my only real options are lg or Sony since they both still have sd card slots.

I have, and a number of other phones like the Qiku Q Terra, Meizu 5 Pro, LG G4/V10, Motorola X Style/Pure and play. I love to have it all, very decent camera, 4G (especially 800MHz), NFC, powerful HP output, at least HD resolution and 16GB ROM and decent battery life. I also like to have 4K video, 64GB ROM and dual SIM. Most phones have a few but fail on all. If you have IEM's headphone output is not important and then the Sony is a viable alternative. My MrSpeakers Alpha Primes get a lot of action at work so I like to have a phone with decent output.

Currently I am leaning towards either the Motorola Style or Play. The Style does not have a decent battery life and the Play does not have 4K video. Still not sure so did not pull the trigger.

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,359 of 7,916
This is probably the right thread for this, but I am thinking someone here will know. I am looking for an Android device with high quality measured performance in its headphone output. I actually would prefer it to not be a smartphone but that is not a requirement. I am willing to pay up to $250 shipped for it. What would be best?

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,360 of 7,916
if you want to end up getting a separate dac, may as well going with Chord Mojo (599$).  Very portable, and high-end for audio quality specs.  If phone with dedicated DAC inside, now would be V10 from LG.  The S7 may have better spec, but it wont be here for a few months, and who knows how the S7 would perform ? My Wolfson Note 4 sounds like xhit.

Wolfson sounds OK to me on my Samsung Galaxy S6, needs a good amp but otherwise the sound signature seems ok to me.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,361 of 7,916
  This is probably the right thread for this, but I am thinking someone here will know. I am looking for an Android device with high quality measured performance in its headphone output. I actually would prefer it to not be a smartphone but that is not a requirement. I am willing to pay up to $250 shipped for it. What would be best?

The only device I know in your price range is the Fiio X3. You still need to buy an SD card. You can find more players and higher prices http://gearpatrol.com/2015/05/14/6-best-portable-hi-fi-music-players/. Don't know about shipping 
tongue_smile.gif

The only site that does some quality measurements I know of the top of my head is gsmarena.com. Headphone output is measured by phonearena.com. Both sites are for smartphones.

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,362 of 7,916
...Coming Soon, I hope very very soon, like next month...

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,364 of 7,916

Alcatel Idol 3 5.5
HTC One M7
Nokia Lumia 1540(I think, there were some threads about a very good nokia lumia...)*

*open for corrections there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back