Best Sennheiser under $100!!!
Feb 4, 2011 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

ghoststeps

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here and I'm a noob. I'm going to buy the first pair of high-quality headphones. Most of the time, I listen to music at my campus, library and home. I listen to Pop, Slow Rock, Rap, Hip Hop, R&B and Electronic (Taio Cruz and Lady Gaga stuffs). I'm considering PX100. Do you have any suggestions? I'm only interested in Sennheiser that under or around $100.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 40
Just curious, why only Senns? I would say HD448's or HD555 which can be modded into 595's. The problem is that neither of those are really good for your types of music... 

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 40

Quote:
Like I said, I'm a noob and that is the only brand that I have experience on :D !!!

That's a horrible reason.
Buy sennheisers because of lack of experience >> lack of experience due to only buying sennheisers >> buy sennheisers because of lack of experience >> lack of experience due to only buying sennheisers 

You don't need 'experience' to buy a new brand, otherwise head fi would become far more untolerable.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 40

Quote:
That's a horrible reason.
Buy sennheisers because of lack of experience >> lack of experience due to only buying sennheisers >> buy sennheisers because of lack of experience >> lack of experience due to only buying sennheisers 

You don't need 'experience' to buy a new brand, otherwise head fi would become far more untolerable.

So do you have any suggestions for me other than this??? =.=

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 40
ATH-M50's may be a little over your budget, but they're probably one of the best for those kinds of music at about that price.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 40

Quote:

Brand loyalty is the reason why some electronic companies survive and why some companies fail. Get enough unquestioning patrons to attest the quality of your product, and your company will continue to thrive, for another 5 years or so, before the next generation of products come in line.

Quote:
So do you have any suggestions for me other than this??? =.=

There are a number of low-budget headphone that you should take a look at. PX100 is one of them. Apart from that, you can also look at the Koss Porta-Pro and Grado SR60, 
If you are open to second hand headphone, you will get more choices, like the aforementioned M50.

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 40
if you have a little bit more dough to spend, you can get the m50, as suggested above.... you could also get the shure srh-440 which is $100. Its a bit neutral though so you might find it boring, Grado sr60i also looks good.

I wouldn't stick with sennheiser, imo they have nothing worth mentioning below $250...

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #12 of 40
If you want to use them at the library, you will want to avoid open design headphones, such as the Sennheiser HD 555.

I wouldn't recommend the HD 448 really. If you want an awesome sounding cheap, comfortable, pair of headphones, get the Creative Aurvana Live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back