Best iems under 150!
Sep 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 39
I don't know of anyone that's heard the Flex as they're fairly new to the international market let alone compared them to the e-Q5. 

I don't know if I'd go for a custom for my first good IEM, you could have fit issues and have to get them refitted which could take more than 1 try.  You can make your self go crazy with all the IEM option at the lets say $150 to $300 range so I'd just find one that has the sound signature your looking for and and try them.  I'm sure it want be your last IEM purchase if your anything like the rest of us :)

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #34 of 39
GR07 mk2. Great low end bass rumble! Im no bass head, but there is just something that keeps me hooked in that bass feeling. Great cable - like a piece of silk string. Excellent IEM price / performance wise.

I found the DBA 02 a little bass lite, and the highs are a bit harsh - very detailed though. The GR07 highs are a little harsh at first too, but that improves with burn in.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:
GR07 mk2. Great low end bass rumble! Im no bass head, but there is just something that keeps me hooked in that bass feeling. Great cable - like a piece of silk string. Excellent IEM price / performance wise.

I found the DBA 02 a little bass lite, and the highs are a bit harsh - very detailed though. The GR07 highs are a little harsh at first too, but that improves with burn in.

The GR07 are indeed great, but they are now selling for around $190. 

If I had a budget of $150, I would definitely wait a little bit to save the $50 or so needed to buy a new pair...or I would get one used from the sales forum.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #36 of 39
I have owned the Shure SE215. Lemme tell you, they are the best sounding IEM buds for the price of $99. They have enhanced bass which is great for rock, hip hop, and electronic. The mids and highs are all there even with the enhanced bass. Soundstage is Shure's specialty, the sound separation is wide, coming from a single dynamic driver, but it does tend to get a bit muddy at high volumes. Durable is the next great thing about these buds. They have a detachable cable and are kevlar reinforced. I've owned them for about a year and a quarter now, and still working like a charm. With that Shure offers 2 years of warranty which most IEMs come with only 1 year. I currently own the Shure SE425. Hope this widens your options, and good luck.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

The GR07 are indeed great, but they are now selling for around $190. 

If I had a budget of $150, I would definitely wait a little bit to save the $50 or so needed to buy a new pair...or I would get one used from the sales forum.

Ahhh,  $ 150. See, I was thinking in £. The OP didnt specify currency.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #38 of 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back