Best IEM tips?
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #3,241 of 3,253
Have you tried using different ear tip sizes on each ear?

Another suggestion would be Azla Xelastec. They are slightly large than usual, and they are sticky so they can seal at a shallower depth. They do change the sound signature a bit, but I find that change works with Meteor. I also has good luck with Sancai Wide Bore tips.

I also had great success with Comply tips (the ones that look like balls).
Yup, tried different sizes and Xelastecs. No dice. Have not tried (or heard of) the Sancai tips. Unfortunately, I see their large is 13mm diameter. So far, nothing below 14mm will stay in my ear, let alone seal. I have a set of the Azla Origin tips on the way next. But maybe it's time to go deeper down the foam tip rabbit hole and check out the Comply tips. Maybe Dekoni foams too?

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #3,242 of 3,253
First impressions on the Azla Origin tips is very good with the Symphonium Meteor. The tip's extra nozzle length combined with its wide, shallow umbrella seems to do wonders for the short nozzle on the Meteor. I'll need some time with them to see if they're a good long-term solution, but on first blush, a possible winner.

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #3,243 of 3,253
I’m having a love hate relationship with foam tips. If I get them seated right it sounds great but it’s not always the case.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #3,244 of 3,253
I’m having a love hate relationship with foam tips. If I get them seated right it sounds great but it’s not always the case.

Same page here. I'm forcing myself to use the Symbios because they're already at arms reach, but it's always a Russian Roulette experience. No wonder why I had the Complys on cart multiple times and never ended up pulling the trigger.

Must say that I have tons of hours with the Shure olives. Foam quality is really good and I don't remember them disintegrating within my ears. Or maybe I never used them long enough before that happens.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #3,245 of 3,253
Same page here. I'm forcing myself to use the Symbios because they're already at arms reach, but it's always a Russian Roulette experience. No wonder why I had the Complys on cart multiple times and never ended up pulling the trigger.

Must say that I have tons of hours with the Shure olives. Foam quality is really good and I don't remember them disintegrating within my ears. Or maybe I never used them long enough before that happens.

I also had Comply many times in cart, until I bought it, and have never been so disapointed :-D They degrade quality of sound to like 2$ IEM. At least in my case, and compared to Tri Clarion.

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #3,246 of 3,253
The tri clarion are good ? I have those on my list.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #3,247 of 3,253
The tri clarion are good ? I have those on my list.

Definitely try it. They are best for me together with JVC Spiral Dots. For me, JVC Spiral Dots get sound warmer, but they still retain clarity, but pushed just a little back (lower treble). Tri Clarion have weaker midbass ("colder") but brings more detail into music. Im switching between those two with my only IEM.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #3,249 of 3,253
I’ll check out the JVC too.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #3,251 of 3,253
Those I heard good things about too.

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #3,252 of 3,253
They're not expensive and support bigger nozzle diameters.
The downside to that is they fall off smaller nozzles and get stuck in ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back