Best headset for gaming
Mar 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonebone10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think is the best headset to use for gaming paired with the Astro Mixamp? I had the DT880's and they were a little bit disappointing, as the volume wasn't what I had expected.

a better amp would definately fix that. : P

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonebone10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, well, that being said, I also have a Musland US 02 headphone amp, do you think that will improve the sound while gaming or do you think I should just sell the Beyers and go with the AD900 for gaming. I do listen to music with those headphones (and, may I say, classical music sounds phenomenal with the Beyers). Also, if I do keep the Beyers, will the Musiland amp impede with my ability to talk, and how do I set it up with the Beyers to allow me to hear and talk?

the musiland 02 is a dac/sound card.. you need a dedicated amp to run the 880s . Skylab mentioned the 3move works pretty well with the 880s /250ohm.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 31
Are you JUST going to be gaming on them?

Because if so, i'd suggest the Steelseries 5HV2s. They do music like crap but i've won many a match with them on.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 31
I'm actually in the market for a headset as well, I do have a zalman clip-on microphone so I could opt instead for headphones if they would be of higher quality.

Games are the main concern, but will listen to music and do other things with them.

I was considering the AT700 series, which seem to have undergone price reductions over the past 6 months, but I could get the Senn PC-350 headset with the mic on them for 120 usd. I was told that you need good soundcard to drive any good pair of headphones, and that the 350s actually have the same drivers as the senn hd595s.

I have the razer barracuda AC1 soundcard and I have no idea how well it will drive them.

I have used my HD515s with the card for years and thought it was fine, but I have no frame of reference, what do you guys think?

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #21 of 31
The headphones will be driven just fine. PC headsets are made especially to be run from...well a PC so the PC-350 will be fine except i have heard lots of crap about them with a major retailer in Australia refusing to stock them and discouraging people from buying them. However, there are some mods on this forum that bring out their true sound so if you're willing to put some work into it, they'll make a good gaming headset.

The 700s will be good as they have a great soundstage and this is crucial for FPS as it helps you pinpoint enemies. Again, your soundcard is fine for this.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #22 of 31
I don't really have the confidence in my ability to do mods I really want to not have to put work into it... If the 700s are like 95 bucks, and the 350s are 120 is one worth it more than the other?

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 31
Well, music and things other than gaming are a very very small concern influencing my purchase, I'm not sure if you mean rubbish in regard to crispness of sounds, or the ability to accurately indicate directional sound.

The latter is my main concern, I would like them to outperform my current HD515s on my current soundcard, but surely the 350s arent terrible in that regard?

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #25 of 31
Hey guys, I don't want to hijack but I also don't wish to spam the forum with similar threads. What are better gaming headphones - The AD700s or HD555s? They will be amped through my Auzentech Forte. And will I want to use them with my soundcard's CMSS-3D or will I just leave them in stereo?

Most important things to me in order...

1) Comfort
2) Imaging/Spaciousness
3) Sound Quality (bass included)
4) Noise Blocking from outside sources

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by t1337Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I don't want to hijack but I also don't wish to spam the forum with similar threads. What are better gaming headphones - The AD700s or HD555s? They will be amped through my Auzentech Forte. And will I want to use them with my soundcard's CMSS-3D or will I just leave them in stereo?

Most important things to me in order...

1) Comfort
2) Imaging/Spaciousness
3) Sound Quality (bass included)
4) Noise Blocking from outside sources

Or ad900 if you wanna step up. I wouldn't expect much noise isolating capability from open cans. My Antec 1200 case is a wind tunnel w/ 10 fans excluding PSU, GPU fans (13 total) and the cans block minuscule amounts of fan noise if any.

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or ad900 if you wanna step up. I wouldn't expect much noise isolating capability from open cans. My Antec 1200 case is a wind tunnel w/ 10 fans excluding PSU, GPU fans (13 total) and the cans block minuscule amounts of fan noise if any.

How are the AD900s?

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #29 of 31
Very gud, but bass-light as expected from the ad line. I don't own the younger ad700 so I can't comment on quantitative comparisons b/w 'em but ad900 + CMSS-3D is tough to beat as far as fps gaming is concerned. I used to play Crysis Wars competitively w/ the synergy. No more suckers sneakin' up from behind and strength-punchin' me in the face. Circle jumps ftw?
wink_face.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #30 of 31
I know I'm going to take alot of crap for this, Pyscho headphones. The sound placement and stage is the best I've tried for a headset. For audio it's beyond garbage but for gaming I think it's better than the Astros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back