Best headphones for bass under $200 buyers guide UPDATED
Aug 16, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #49 of 272

Quote:
I'm bithead on hwz. Never been to Jaben, they don't sound like a very good place. 

OH RIGHT you're the guy who went up against Audiohub. Good one lol.

Anyway, if you do some searching the thread is there, along with some mods and all that jazz. But apparently, Singapore doesn't like Superlux :frowning2:

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #50 of 272
Looking forward to your impressions on the M-Audios. M-Audio Q40 and Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 are the only slightly interesting headphones that I still might try at some point. You seem to be a fan of V-shaped frequency response, for me highs that are emphasized above mids = fail in my book.

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #52 of 272
Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions on the M-Audios. M-Audio Q40 and Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 are the only slightly interesting headphones that I still might try at some point. You seem to be a fan of V-shaped frequency response, for me highs that are emphasized above mids = fail in my book.

lol!! you're 100% right, i do indeed favor a v shaped frequency response it's the nature of the music i listen to =( I put a little disclaimer at the top letting people know I would mainly rate this listening to electronic music, but it doesn't make you any less right haha
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Nobody cares bro, believe me.  I am without question the most ignored user here.  Im pretty sure I have a few buyers guides with almost no views.  I am quite jealous of the OP for getting 2 pages of replies in one day.  Sorry for being bitter, just tellin' it like it is.

I have read a few of your reviews before they tend to be REALLY long. people are lazy and they don't like to read; they just want to know if the cans suck or not. they were good reviews though, just a bit long!

Quote:
Yes, I should've assumed the same, but I still consider his claim inaccurate. The M50's soundstage is no better than the HFI-580's or SRH750DJ's (and, well, it just isn't good in itself). 

for the love of god man the m50's are not in the same price range as the hfi-580's or the 750 dj's they are 50 dollars less which at this price point is almost 40%.....please stop trolling my post!

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #53 of 272
The HFI-580 is $128. $19 more (assuming the M50 still fetches $109).
The SRH750DJ is $122. $13 more.
P.S. The M50 has been increasing in price for the past few months. It's now $160. You could call J&R, but I sincerely doubt J&R will reduce the price to $109.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserHD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

for the love of god man the m50's are not in the same price range as the hfi-580's or the 750 dj's they are 50 dollars less which at this price point is almost 40%.....please stop trolling my post!

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #54 of 272
Quote:

as for the sony I have listened to them and I feel they are really really overpriced but i have not owned them so i would not feel right writing a review about them. the pro 900's on the other hand i have heard and was blown away. they are amazing and i wish to own them one day, alas again i do not own them so i cannot write a review.

about these sonys (mdr-XB1000) I am deciding on getting them as they should be <200 USD street price soon (released in US 8/15)
Is this headphone worth 200 USD price point? (and how are they compare to the Denon D2000, is it a siginificant downgrade in build quality, sound, etc?)

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #55 of 272
I'm surprised the Denon D1100 doesn't get more attention as a budget basshead can. I don't know how much it costs in the US (surely under $200?), but here it is cheaper than the HFi-580 and M50 and has "moar bass". Also to my ears it is slightly better all round than the XB500 and XB700.

As for the XB1000, my opinion is save yourself some money and get the XB700 instead OR save up for D2000s or a Pro900.

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #58 of 272
How much are D1100s in the US?

I got my pair for £70 so ~$115

Also when you say over-priced do you mean they don't perform as well as they should for the cost? I found them preferable to the M50 for sure. Perhaps not the HFI-580, but it's been a long time since I owned that.

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #60 of 272

Quote:
How much are D1100s in the US?

I got my pair for £70 so ~$115

Also when you say over-priced do you mean they don't perform as well as they should for the cost? I found them preferable to the M50 for sure. Perhaps not the HFI-580, but it's been a long time since I owned that.

I havent found them that cheap. $130 is the lowest. Some places are at $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back