Best headphones for bass under $200 buyers guide UPDATED
Aug 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #31 of 272
D2000 is exceptional. Not only does it have extremely deep bass and nice soundstage, I feel its best aspect is far and away its fit and comfort, which even surpasses beyer's headphones. Raw bass quantity isn't truly basshead, but with minimum eq or bass heavy songs it will obliterate your skull.

+1

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #32 of 272

Quote:
Not by me...

Nobody cares bro, believe me.  I am without question the most ignored user here.  Im pretty sure I have a few buyers guides with almost no views.  I am quite jealous of the OP for getting 2 pages of replies in one day.  Sorry for being bitter, just tellin' it like it is.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #33 of 272
I'm not sure where you're trying to go with such an inane example. The M50's soundstage and imaging are not (verbatim) "quite good compared to other headphones in the price range" - "headphones in [that] price range" with significantly better soundstage include the K240, AD700, and HD555 (though none of these can satisfy basshead yearnings). The M50 fared poorly with classical music: while it had the speed to keep up with the sonic demands of classical music, the soundstage/imaging left a lot to be desired. The cluttered soundstage and poor imaging are shortcomings of the M50; they are not - as you put it - "quite good."
I truly appreciate your efforts in making such a comprehensive guide for bassheads on a budget, but I implore you to accept sound criticism when it's offered.

Quote:
The soundstage on the m50 is quite good compared to other headphones in the price range. You can't compare it to the LCD-2 or HD800 and say well the soundstage is ****, please be realistic.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 272
Well lets assess the situation.... What do you think you did in the first place to supposedly piss people off?

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #35 of 272

Quote:
I'm not sure where you're trying to go with such an inane example. The M50's soundstage and imaging are not (verbatim) "quite good compared to other headphones in the price range" - "headphones in [that] price range" with significantly better soundstage include the K240, AD700, and HD555 (though none of these can satisfy basshead yearnings). The M50 fared poorly with classical music: while it had the speed to keep up with the sonic demands of classical music, the soundstage/imaging left a lot to be desired. The cluttered soundstage and poor imaging are shortcomings of the M50; they are not - as you put it - "quite good."
I truly appreciate your efforts in making such a comprehensive guide for bassheads on a budget, but I implore you to accept sound criticism when it's offered.

I'm comparing this headphone to other "basshead" cans, no headphone is 100% perfect. By your own admission, there should be no mention of the K240 the AD700 or the hd555 in a basshead comparison, so please do not bring them up. please try to relax a bit i'm not trying to attack you or anything.

Aug 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #36 of 272

Quote:
I don't know if there's an iem comparison for bassheads, but the Klipsch Image S4s compliment the D2000 very nicely imo and are a fraction of the price.

+1

I listen to D2000s at home, S4s while commuting and D1100s at office
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #37 of 272
I'm not sure why you continue to be so defensive, and I'm beginning to wonder whether you even understood my point.
1. I'm usually not one to indulge in repetition, so read and understand this (I've said this numerous times; I shouldn't have to say it again, but you've shown that I do): the M50 has clustered soundstage and terrible imaging. You said they were quite good; they aren't - at all. 
2. Do I need to quote myself and show that I know the K240, AD700, and HD555 aren't basshead phones? Also, note your own words. You said the M50 had good soundstage compared to other headphones in the allotted price bracket. Did you say other "basshead" headphones? I believe not.
I hope you'll stop taking these posts personally, as they're meant solely as criticism. I hate to reciprocate your advice, but you should try to relax.

Quote:
I'm comparing this headphone to other "basshead" cans, no headphone is 100% perfect. By your own admission, there should be no mention of the K240 the AD700 or the hd555 in a basshead comparison, so please do not bring them up. please try to relax a bit i'm not trying to attack you or anything.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #39 of 272

Quote:
Nobody cares bro, believe me.  I am without question the most ignored user here.  Im pretty sure I have a few buyers guides with almost no views.  I am quite jealous of the OP for getting 2 pages of replies in one day.  Sorry for being bitter, just tellin' it like it is.

Please link them on your sig, if possible.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #41 of 272
Why are we even arguing about soundstage in a thread about budget basshead phones? Excessive bass invariably means the soundstage will suffer - its very difficult to have both especially in low end price ranges.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #42 of 272

Quote:

ultrasone makes great headphones man you should go for it. my dream pair of basshead headphones is the ultrasone pro 900

as for the sony I have listened to them and I feel they are really really overpriced but i have not owned them so i would not feel right writing a review about them. the pro 900's on the other hand i have heard and was blown away. they are amazing and i wish to own them one day, alas again i do not own them so i cannot write a review.

^LOL

Well I trust your ears, so you just made me want the Pro 900 even more! :p

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #43 of 272

Quote:
Am I really that hated around here?  seems like no matter what i do nobody reads my threads.

Bump them once every few days to gain views.
Also link it to your sig.

I love reading reviews and easy to do mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back