Best headphone under 250 dollars for EDM Music
Jan 29, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #31 of 55
  Teo, I feel like we are going back and forth on this. In one instance, you're asking for something that works well with EDM. In another, you're asking for something that is different from the Momentum which is a warm and bassy can that works great with EDM. That can be taken as you want something closer to neutral or you want something extremely bassy. What is it you want specifically?

I want a headphone that doesn't sound like Momentum but at the same time a headphone for listen to EDM music. 
A more fidelity headphone with good bass but not too much,large soundstage and with very good treble and mids.
I have to use this at home (I use Momentum as portable unit,also) without stress my ears a lot as it's difficult listening from Momentum for more than half an hour.
Now, is it all more clear? :wink:

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #32 of 55
haha Yeah. An open headphone for home use that will work well with EDM, but not too warm. So something a little more closer to neutral, but still warm because it should work well with EDM.

I've heard HE-400 from a couple people here, but I'm recommending against that. First, it's out of your budget. Second, it's horribly flawed in so many ways. The treble. The comfort. The build quality. These are things on this can that are well below par for the price you're paying. I've also heard X1 in this thread. Maybe, but know it's a very bassy can. Just as long as you know that, I think you could be happy with it.

If it was me doing this with the limitations you have, I would probably do an AKG Q701 which is a very neutral can that can be good for aggressive music. Super airy. Lots of detail and lots of separation. Then I'd warm up the bass a little by fitting it with the memory foam pads from the K702 AE or K712. The headphone is $200 and the pads are another $30-40. Boom! You got yourself a great can there for home use and amazing on a large range of music, including EDM.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 55
*cough* SoundMAGIC HP200 *cough*

Everything that I continuously hear you mention what you desire in a headphone, the HP200 seems to have. I'm not gonna repeat myself after this. I'm just saying... People don't even compare the K701/2 series to the HP200 because the HP200 are that worthy and superior..

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #34 of 55
haha Yeah. An open headphone for home use that will work well with EDM, but not too warm. So something a little more closer to neutral, but still warm because it should work well with EDM.

I've heard HE-400 from a couple people here, but I'm recommending against that. First, it's out of your budget. Second, it's horribly flawed in so many ways. The treble. The comfort. The build quality. These are things on this can that are well below par for the price you're paying. I've also heard X1 in this thread. Maybe, but know it's a very bassy can. Just as long as you know that, I think you could be happy with it.

If it was me doing this with the limitations you have, I would probably do an AKG Q701 which is a very neutral can that can be good for aggressive music. Super airy. Lots of detail and lots of separation. Then I'd warm up the bass a little by fitting it with the memory foam pads from the K702 AE or K712. The headphone is $200 and the pads are another $30-40. Boom! You got yourself a great can there for home use and amazing on a large range of music, including EDM.

Thanks a lot Rogue.
In Italy this can is 350,00 euro (400 and more dollars) but I think That is what I Search.
It would be Perfect if an american friend can send me One Of this :)

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #35 of 55
*cough* SoundMAGIC HP200 *cough*

Everything that I continuously hear you mention what you desire in a headphone, the HP200 seems to have. I'm not gonna repeat myself after this. I'm just saying... People don't even compare the K701/2 series to the HP200 because the HP200 are that worthy and superior..

Do You really think That the HP200 is better than AKG Q701? Have You ever heard both?

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #36 of 55
Do You really think That the HP200 is better than AKG Q701? Have You ever heard both?

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

I have not heard both so I cannot compare to you, but from the people who have heard the two along with the HD650, they don't bother to compare the HP200's to the Q701, but rather the compare the Hp200's to the HD650 (which is higher praised headphone). 

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #37 of 55

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

I have not heard both so I cannot compare to you, but from the people who have heard the two along with the HD650, they don't bother to compare the HP200's to the Q701, but rather the compare the Hp200's to the HD650 (which is higher praised headphone). 

I've just read That HP200 is a little V-shaped headphone....is it right?
As it's important For me the detail Of mids and treble with a decent bass, I think That I need a more detailed can

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #38 of 55
As it's important For me the detail Of mids and treble with a decent bass, I think That I need a more detailed can

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

I wouldn't exactly consider it V-shaped, unless we're talking about these hair-line differences. And even so, I think you're getting detail mixed with sound signature. As I said, these cans are immensely detailed in mids (even brings out the things you've never heard before) and sparkly in the treble, where you will also hear the fine treble clashes in high detail in the background.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #40 of 55

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

You have to start somewhere and a forum is only going to give you so much information. Your ears will give you the rest. Grab an HP200 or Q701, figure out what you like or don't like, come back with some thoughts, then we'll go from there. Both seem like a real good place to start.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #41 of 55
You have to start somewhere and a forum is only going to give you so much information. Your ears will give you the rest. Grab an HP200 or Q701, figure out what you like or don't like, come back with some thoughts, then we'll go from there. Both seem like a real good place to start.

+1

Gotta start somewhere:)

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #43 of 55

+1

Gotta start somewhere:)

I will try One Of these....I'm going to read some reviews about these and I will inform You.

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #45 of 55
I will try One Of these....I'm going to read some reviews about these and I will inform You.

Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Go for it. :) keep us posted!

And the FS section is the "For Sale" section on this website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back