Best closed Headphones within $300- $450
Apr 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #121 of 156
I wouldn't think you'll get international warranty unless it says so and if u like warranty the vmoda has the best one out of this group and yes I'm a vmoda m100 fan boy cuz I've tried most of the ones on your list

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #122 of 156
I did not think the mdr-1r was exceptional when I tried it. But it was fairly good, with a V shaped frequency response, and I really felt like it was of good quality.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #123 of 156
Quote:
I did not think the mdr-1r was exceptional when I tried it. But it was fairly good, with a V shaped frequency response, and I really felt like it was of good quality.

confused.gif

I don't think MDR 1R has a v-shaped FR, I find it's midrange full,warm and colored,the sub bass is a little rolled off,and the highs are non emphasized,smooth and grain free.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #124 of 156
Quote:

confused.gif

I don't think MDR 1R has a v-shaped FR, I find it's midrange full,warm and colored,the sub bass is a little rolled off,and the highs are non emphasized,smooth and grain free.

Hmmm, am I thinking about another headphone that I have heard? It was a long time ago, anyway. Listen to somebody else than me
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #126 of 156
awh, that's a shame. im probably best to just get them for as cheap as i can in Australia, UNLESS people who are reading this knows of a good website selling these for a good price, hook a fiend up! :D 

I haven't heard anyone's opinions on the D600's and if the D2000's are worth getting for $390? don't all go at once :wink:

Are the MDR-1R's good for female vocals, i don't listen to allot of it but i occasionally like to listen to soundtracks, if anyone wants to know what i listen to, go back to the start. :)

I know that i am now starting to get into the viral Circle of destruction, but don't panic, i do like the MDR-1R's sound, maybe the bass could be a little tighter and from what iv'e read of the D2000's, they'd be good for the music i listen too, from that. is their a pair of headphones that complement the sound of the MDR-1R's and the Denon D2000's considering i like the sound of both.

P.S i could of described in precise detail what im looking for sound wise but if i did i'd be just confusing everyone, what im asking is their a pair of headphones that are just an upgraded MDR-1R that complement the sound of both headphones... lets see how this goes..  

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #128 of 156
Quote:
I don't get why people haven't recommended ultrasone pro 900 yet, i read a lot of reviews about it and i think it is pretty decent for those kind of musics:)

The only decent phones Ultrasone ever produced is their Signature line but they are way out of the OP budget.

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #129 of 156
After talking to dweaver, who is really kind in helping me make my final deccission. 

after a little one on one, i think we've narrowed it down to 2:

Sony MDR-1R
Sony MDR-7520

I don't really know what the differences are between the 1R and 7520, but if someone would be so kind in telling me which pair would be more suited to my taste in music and/or which ones are "better" it'd be much apprecaited. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #130 of 156
Hello Everyone,

After allot of research and months of procrastinating...I mean months!! I have finally came to a decision... I'm buying the Sony MDR-1R's!! :D

special thanks to KCxSmacker, MalVeauX and a_recording for help me out!! :D 

In regards to amplification, im thinking of a buying the Fiio E07K :) 

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #131 of 156
No worries. The Momentums, though expensive for sure, can be found for much cheaper on sale. I managed to get mine for $300 from JB earlier. I'd order them off the 'net or from overseas from an authorised dealer where possible. The MSRP overseas is closer to $350, and in Australia it's 399 AUD from the Apple Store. I'd go overseas/online on them, Sennheiser's warranty is international.

I think (I don't really know amps) all cans benefit from amplification, but some, usually designed for portable use or as consumer headphones, don't require an amp to sound great. M-100 and Momentum fall into this category.

I cannot find momentum cheaper than $349 anywhere. Could you send me a link to where you bought yours? Im in the U.S.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #132 of 156
Have you thought about the soundmagic hp-100? :D

I have only heard good things about 'em

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #133 of 156
Quote:
I cannot find momentum cheaper than $349 anywhere. Could you send me a link to where you bought yours? Im 

On amazon you can get the Sennheiser Momentum's in either black or brown with a Fiio E07K+ L3 Dock connector for $399 (usually $489) which is a good deal if you're also looking into getting an amp :)

Brown:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphones-Headphone-Connector/dp/B00BVU27OU/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1365153638&sr=8-20&keywords=Fiio+E07K

Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphones-Headphone-Connector/dp/B00BVTYA7S/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1365153638&sr=8-18&keywords=Fiio+E07K

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #134 of 156
On amazon you can get the Sennheiser Momentum's in either black or brown with a Fiio E07K+ L3 Dock connector for $399 (usually $489) which is a good deal if you're also looking into getting an amp :)

Brown:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphones-Headphone-Connector/dp/B00BVU27OU/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1365153638&sr=8-20&keywords=Fiio+E07K

Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphones-Headphone-Connector/dp/B00BVTYA7S/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1365153638&sr=8-18&keywords=Fiio+E07K
ir

[size=1.7em] [/size]

It was 50 dollars cheaper than he rose the price

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #135 of 156
hey everyone,

i know i have closed this forum but i wanted to let you know that the Sony MDR-1R's i have ordered, arrived today. they sound really good. their soo comfortable, its ridiculous. Comfort wise comparing to the my brother M50's, the M50 are a little heavier and quite tighter on my head and im not able to listen to the for a long amount of time. The ear cups are noticeably harder than the 1R's, the 1R's feels like you resting for ears on a set pillows. 

sound wise i don't really have the expertise to be able to compare however the only way i can explain it is that the 1R's are more open than the M50's and that's probably becasue of the angled. drivers. bass wise, after listening to Daft Punk- Random Access Memories on repeat, the 1R's appears to me, to be more tight and have more impact than the M50's, however at times the bass can be a bit a bi too much to my ears. 

unfortunately theirs a nasty scuff mark on my 1R's right ear cup, thankfully the seller is more than welcome to replace them fro me. i bought them for $247 at a Sony Clearance Store in Brisbane.

amp wise, i bought the Fiio E07K, i think it improves the MDR-1R's all around, their isn't a huge difference however it's substantial. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back