Best closed Headphones within $300- $450
Jan 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #91 of 156
Quote:
I'm just amazed that you started this thread 4+ weeks ago and haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet!

yeah i know hahah.
atm im not in the position to buy it yet. i have the money and  i will be buy something (!) but first off, my priority atm is to get a traineeship once i get that sorted ill be ''pulling  the trigger'' so to speak. 

than again it's okay to take your time in making decisions, if i were to pull the trigger a couple of weeks ago id have something completely different than if i was to make a decision now..yes it's been a while since i posted this thread and im sorry if it seems as though im wasting all your time but its better for me to take my time rather than rushing into making decisions and not being completely satisfied that i made the right choice. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #93 of 156
Maybe, you can describe even more thoroughly what you want, if your still in doubt. Should the phone be aggresive or relaxed for example? You name it

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #95 of 156
^that's what I asked. Surprised at the lack of mad dog in this thread.

edit: nevermind

Fluffy, you're just way more patient than most. If it were me, I probably would have already bought two sets of cans and returned them both, unsatisfied and short on money.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #98 of 156
Quote:
Maybe, you can describe even more thoroughly what you want, if your still in doubt. Should the phone be aggresive or relaxed for example? You name it

well tbh davidsh im not a pro so i don't completely know what i want (note: im 17)

well i guess i want something that's great across the board, the bass not being too overwhelming that it disturbs the mids,and the mids and highs being equally as good with out the highs being really ''tingy''. 

im not a audiofile as many who've already gathered but i want something that has enough justice to be recognized as a audiofile headphone.

the amp im going to be buying is the FiiO E07K

you's already know what i want ''look wise'' so i shouldn't have to explain that. 

the sony MDR-1R and the Sony Z1000 look good idk if the MDR-7520 is better than the Z1000 so if someone get let me know id really really appreciate it.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #100 of 156
Quote:
well tbh davidsh im not a pro so i don't completely know what i want (note: im 17)

well i guess i want something that's great across the board, the bass not being too overwhelming that it disturbs the mids,and the mids and highs being equally as good with out the highs being really ''tingy''. 

im not a audiofile as many who've already gathered but i want something that has enough justice to be recognized as a audiofile headphone.

the amp im going to be buying is the FiiO E07K

you's already know what i want ''look wise'' so i shouldn't have to explain that. 

the sony MDR-1R and the Sony Z1000 look good idk if the MDR-7520 is better than the Z1000 so if someone get let me know id really really appreciate it.

I don't think anyone can help you any further, except answering your question about the Z1000 and 7520. I can tell you the Z1000 is fairly neutral, but without much of the lower bass, and with a weird treble, reading some graphs.

I am 17 myself, and less than half a year ago, I did not own anything but some poor iBuds and the logitech G35 gaming headset.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #101 of 156
OP, I agree with davidsh, there isn't much else we can help you with now. All we'd be doing is going in circles over different headphones and beating around the bush.

In the end, you have to start one way or the other, and since you aren't able to audition any of these mid-fi cans, you'll just have to take a stab in the dark with a sound signature you think you'll like and commit. If you get it wrong the first time, learn from the experience and maybe sell the cans later down the line. The best aspect of this hobby is the returns of the 2nd hand market. So keep your gear in good condition and know that the option to sell is always there.

Best of luck.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #102 of 156
thanks for all your help guys, i really do appreciate it.

i know that i haven't made a decision as of yet but ill be making a decision soon.

last question: does the Z1000's/7520 need amplification.?

if you want to give me some pointers than that'd help allot but other than that ill be closing this forum later on today.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #103 of 156
The AKG k702 you were considering is open,sound will leak in and out. Other decent options would be the AKG k167 tiesto and the ultrasone pro900, if you like EDM. I'd recommend the Beyer COP if you can find it below $150, otherwise just grab the dt770 pro. Personally, I'm hoping the MDR-1r sound good because the silver ones with brown leather looks very luxurious and comfy 
biggrin.gif
 If style isn't a priority check out the T50rp MadDogs. If you love rock go with the HD25-1, never heard a headphone portray guitars better.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #104 of 156
Quote:
thanks for all your help guys, i really do appreciate it.

i know that i haven't made a decision as of yet but ill be making a decision soon.

last question: does the Z1000's/7520 need amplification.?

if you want to give me some pointers than that'd help allot but other than that ill be closing this forum later on today.

The z1000 is very easy to drive and sounds amazing as is (24ohm), but I use a Fiio e11 with mine. It helps thicken the bass up quite a bit.  

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #105 of 156
Quote:
anyways. 

can someone give me a Sony MDR-1R vs Z1000/7520 comparison...be much appreciated ^^ 

7520 are identical to the Z1000's so that's why i categorized them together. 

Some comments can be found here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639948/review-closed-portable-circumaural-around-ear-headphone-comparison-m50-z1000-tma-1-s-momentum-ue6000-mdr-1r
Reviewer liked Momentum the best, I owned them too but ended up keeping MDR-1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back