Best classical recordings...ever!
Feb 4, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #7,576 of 9,368
  Love this recording.

71fgFbFmBNL._SL1500_.jpg

Going to check it out. Thanks.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #7,578 of 9,368
Yesterday got The Handel Harpsichord music Boxset on my Mail box

Ripped them promptly to FLAC and tagged them LOL, uploaded them to my Sony Walkman ZX100 Audio player.... they sound pretty good, the last 4 CDs i already had from Peer2Peer, but decided tor eplace with my CD rips.. the 4 new additions (Roberto Loreggian) were recorded a bit loud as you can see the flac bitrate in the 1000 kbps region

But asfter inspecting Borgstede CDs (recorded in 2008) the spectrogram is good enought all lossless to 22KHz

But the Loreggina's CDs, despite sounding Good the graph looks odd, it was mastered for spotify and let as is for the CD? or is still lossless?

At least dumped my illegally downloaded Borgstede Handel Harpsichord suites and replaced with bought CDs
dt880smile.png

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #7,579 of 9,368
But the Loreggina's CDs, despite sounding Good the graph looks odd, it was mastered for spotify and let as is for the CD? or is still lossless?  

At least dumped my illegally downloaded Borgstede Handel Harpsichord suites and replaced with bought CDs
dt880smile.png

16kHz cutoff is pretty common for mp3, but otherwise it sure looks like a harpsichord spectrogram.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #7,581 of 9,368

16kHz cutoff is pretty common for mp3, but otherwise it sure looks like a harpsichord spectrogram.

Hope it is lossless at it appears some how.. but tha line at 16KHz tells something is odd, they do sound good ocassional mettalic artifcats i know its the harpsichord (at lwast i think that) because my wlkman has a mp3 artifact fixing option (upsacling to 192KHz) and they sound still with harpsichord artifacts, common of italina harpsichords so ima pretty sure they are lossless

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #7,582 of 9,368
  Hope it is lossless at it appears some how.. but tha line at 16KHz tells something is odd, they do sound good ocassional mettalic artifcats i know its the harpsichord (at lwast i think that) because my wlkman has a mp3 artifact fixing option (upsacling to 192KHz) and they sound still with harpsichord artifacts, common of italina harpsichords so ima pretty sure they are lossless

It's definitely been low-passed at 16kHz, which you wouldn't see on any normal CD. Almost certainly a lossy mastering, but unless you have really good hearing at 16kHz I doubt the lowpass would matter more than what the actual bitrate of the lossy codec was.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #7,583 of 9,368

It's definitely been low-passed at 16kHz, which you wouldn't see on any normal CD. Almost certainly a lossy mastering, but unless you have really good hearing at 16kHz I doubt the lowpass would matter more than what the actual bitrate of the lossy codec was.

Okay, then i will sop purchasing Brilliant Classics

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #7,585 of 9,368
Has anyone experience with Plectra Music CDs?

They will release a chambonnieres complete Harpsichord music and i am planning on supporting them instead of Brilliant classics which is also releasing Chambonnieres Music

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #7,587 of 9,368
  Have never heard of this label. That's why I'm on here -- learning new stuff. 
beerchug.gif

B​rowsing my extensive FLAC library now at 43,017 tracks 2564 albums, 734GB... turns out i have a CD of Plectra... Marchand and  Clerambault Harpsichord music, very good quality

EDIT: Has one of you @CanadianMaestro or some body else tested the ULtrasone performance series? which ones do you recommend me for classical music, baroque, classism, romantic... forget harpsichord this time lol

I hate my MDR-1R as they are too midsy (mid-centered)

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #7,588 of 9,368

beerchug.gif

B​rowsing my extensive FLAC library now at 43,017 tracks 2564 albums, 734GB... turns out i have a CD of Plectra... Marchand and  Clerambault Harpsichord music, very good quality

EDIT: Has one of you @CanadianMaestro or some body else tested the ULtrasone performance series? which ones do you recommend me for classical music, baroque, classism, romantic... forget harpsichord this time lol

2500 albums, HS!

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #7,589 of 9,368

beerchug.gif

2500 albums, HS!

LO​L yes i take about a year and a half to listen to it all, so no need for spotify :-D

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #7,590 of 9,368

That's a lot of albums. You need to be selective. 
biggrin.gif

The MDR-1R does a very good job with a lot of genres, just not large-scale classical. I treat it like a closed-HD650. Rich mids. For the price, it isn't bad for classical. I haven't heard any Ultrasone. I prefer my HE560 for classical IF I use Headphones, but number one will always be my floor system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back