Best android music player app?
Sep 30, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #482 of 633
Sep 30, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #484 of 633
Where are 3 kind of players:
1. Focus on SQ / Formats support / Audiophile options.
2. Focus on interface with lots of features.
3. Re-skin something and sell it as cool/cute/stylish.

Bad thing that 1 and 2 can't be together like R&J. Neutron is my favourite for sound signature but interface and scroll behavior makes me try something new all the time.
Stellio isn't bad not as 1st not as 2nd kind but nowhere at top. At least it's play music from VK though there are troubles sometimes.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #486 of 633
google is your best friend. This is not an easy task though.

But quite as easy to turn that thing into a brick .
But having said that , if it's proof too much of a hassle , there's always other options out there ,
Find a pro , it's just a 40-60 dollars job

Oct 6, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #487 of 633
Yearly digging for apps on smartphone, my conclusion is best app music for android is one of below, nothing than that :
Usb audio player pro
Neutron music player
Onkyo hf player (or its brother Maiden audio, Teac player, just different in skin)

All are android independent audio core. 
UI, is so so but no one care much for it.
For a DSD dac, Hf player is recommended bcs it work very well with special feature that pcm to dsd realtime conversion.
For any adjustments two remaining is the choice.
Adjustments of Uapp is better than neutronmp (except resampling )

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #488 of 633
Hey guys...
By using my android phone and having connected my IEMs through the old classic jack, with this configurations, what would be the best app to use?
Just to get the best possible natural sound this way.
Or would you say that with this configuration there is no discernible difference?

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #489 of 633
  Hey guys...
By using my android phone and having connected my IEMs through the old classic jack, with this configurations, what would be the best app to use?
Just to get the best possible natural sound this way.
Or would you say that with this configuration there is no discernible difference?

That is what most of this thread covers, so read the previous posts and you'll find many answers.

I rooted my device and use Viper4Android to get the most satisfactory results with Napster/Rhapsody and Google Play, though I really like Neutron and PowerAmp for other streams.

Terry

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #490 of 633
A player that has convinced me yesterday was VLC. Sounds better than PowerAmp and JetAudio from Cowon. Not sure about Stellio because I can't compare right now, but they must sound pretty close. Only issue with VLC is FLAC .Cue files.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #491 of 633
A player that has convinced me yesterday was VLC. Sounds better than PowerAmp and JetAudio from Cowon. Not sure about Stellio because I can't compare right now, but they must sound pretty close. Only issue with VLC is FLAC .Cue files.
Flac ?

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #492 of 633
I believe he is referring to the .Cue files FLAC uses for song lists.

"Flac is the most well known lossless audio codec among audiophile communities. It allows you to archive CDs without any loss of quality. It is possible to rip CDs in one file per CD, instead of one track per song. Along with the one-album flac file, we will have a cue file containing the markers and tracklist."  from here

"The Android VLC player plays DVD.iso and CD M3U files natively, but not CD CUE files. My feature request would be for the Android VLC player to have this ability." from here

Terry

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #493 of 633
  I believe he is referring to the .Cue files FLAC uses for song lists.

"Flac is the most well known lossless audio codec among audiophile communities. It allows you to archive CDs without any loss of quality. It is possible to rip CDs in one file per CD, instead of one track per song. Along with the one-album flac file, we will have a cue file containing the markers and tracklist."  from here

"The Android VLC player plays DVD.iso and CD M3U files natively, but not CD CUE files. My feature request would be for the Android VLC player to have this ability." from here

Terry

Thats it :)

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #495 of 633
I'd like to know for a friend who is partially deaf in one ear; do any music players have left right balance control?

I image a few do. Neutron does. It's under Audio Hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back