Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Dec 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #46 of 214
I'm sure lots go into the price of the Woo amps.  The case, the point-to-point-wiring, the people hand making them, the high cost of living in New York, and the fact people will pay it.  I mean, it's not like they are outsourcing labor and most parts to another country.  Built in the US, so the prices reflect this.  In my opinion, my WA3 is worth every penny paid.  I'm very happy to support a small business, which is exactly why I also ordered an Asgard.

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm getting the most out of my T1 with my not-so-expensive solid state amp as well. Besides, I think at least 20% of the cost of a Woo amp goes to the exterior... That said, I'd still love to hear it through a Woo tube amp like the WA2 some day!

Quote:
I would agree that you pay extra for the exterior of a Woo amp, but I think it is worth it.  They keep there value better in my opinion.  That is why I'm buying another Woo amp.

I have only head good things about WA2 and the Concerto with the T1.  I'm sure some people dislike those combinations, but it is usually they like them something else better.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #47 of 214

Quote:
I would agree that you pay extra for the exterior of a Woo amp, but I think it is worth it.  They keep there value better in my opinion.  That is why I'm buying another Woo amp.

I have only head good things about WA2 and the Concerto with the T1.  I'm sure some people dislike those combinations, but it is usually they like them something else better.

Both the WA2 and Concerto are great matches for the T1s (owned them both actually). But in the end, I preferred the WA2 by a reasonable margin.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #48 of 214

Quote:
Both the WA2 and Concerto are great matches for the T1s (owned them both actually). But in the end, I preferred the WA2 by a reasonable margin.

But you like the WA22 better than both?

I had the WA6 and have the Concerto and CSP-2.  I miss my WA6, even though I think the CSP-2 and the Concerto are better for the T1.  So, I'm getting a WA22.  No one ever said head-fi'ing was a rational sport.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #49 of 214

Quote:
But you like the WA22 better than both?

I had the WA6 and have the Concerto and CSP-2.  I miss my WA6, even though I think the CSP-2 and the Concerto are better for the T1.  So, I'm getting a WA22.  No one ever said head-fi'ing was a rational sport.

Yes, I do prefer the WA22 to either the WA2 or Concerto. It works better with pretty much all of my cans.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #50 of 214
The Musical Fidelity M1 HPA is pretty good with the T1.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #51 of 214
I really wish somebody would chime in with specifics comparing the WA2 and the CSP2+. All I hear is-"The are both terrific-you can't go wrong with either." Lame, lol. Can anyone who's used them BOTH with the T1s desribe their differences? Transparency? Soundstaging? Bass impact?

-Daniel

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #52 of 214

This x 1.59 million.
Quote:
I really wish somebody would chime in with specifics comparing the WA2 and the CSP2+. All I hear is-"The are both terrific-you can't go wrong with either." Lame, lol. Can anyone who's used them BOTH with the T1s desribe their differences? Transparency? Soundstaging? Bass impact?

-Daniel

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #53 of 214
I just got my Classic, for my T1's and I already feel as if the T1's aren't showing me their full potential. I am planning on getting one of these tube amps in the summer: Liquid Fire, Zana Deux, or WA5-LE. I honestly now 0 about tube amps, anyone want to help me out? 
confused.gif

Though not to say the Classic doesn't sound great, it really does! And goes great with my 840s!

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #54 of 214

Quote:
I just got my Classic, for my T1's and I already feel as if the T1's aren't showing me their full potential. I am planning on getting one of these tube amps in the summer: Liquid Fire, Zana Deux, or WA5-LE. I honestly now 0 about tube amps, anyone want to help me out? 
confused.gif

Though not to say the Classic doesn't sound great, it really does! And goes great with my 840s!

What makes you feel as if the T1s aren't giving you their full potential?  Is it merely the fact that there are more expensive amps out there with coloration which you might prefer to that of the Classic's? 

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #55 of 214

Quote:
What makes you feel as if the T1s aren't giving you their full potential?  Is it merely the fact that there are more expensive amps out there with coloration which you might prefer to that of the Classic's? 

Well, when I auditioned them in the store with some various amps, they sounded as if they had a more body, and a more refined low end, and not as bright. I really like the Classic, and plan to keep it, I just want learn a bit about tube amps, maybe for just a change of flavor.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #56 of 214

Quote:
Well, when I auditioned them in the store with some various amps, they sounded as if they had a more body, and a more refined low end, and not as bright. I really like the Classic, and plan to keep it, I just want learn a bit about tube amps, maybe for just a change of flavor.

The Concerto/Classic is known to be pretty neutral or maybe even on the brighter side of neutral.  It seems like you just want a warmer sound which tubes give at the expense of the Classic's pitch black background and detail?  That isn't really the Classic not driving the T1s to their potential.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #57 of 214

Quote:
The Concerto/Classic is known to be pretty neutral or maybe even on the brighter side of neutral.  It seems like you just want a warmer sound which tubes give at the expense of the Classic's pitch black background and detail?  That isn't really the Classic not driving the T1s to their potential.

Oh no, it's a great amp no denying that. I just feel, like their something out there that probably sounds, more to my taste. I love it with my Shure's best combo I've heard with them, also one of, if not the best SS amp I've heard, though I've only spent a good amount of time with a handful of amps.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #58 of 214

Quote:

Oh no, it's a great amp no denying that. I just feel, like their something out there that probably sounds, more to my taste. I love it with my Shure's best combo I've heard with them, also one of, if not the best SS amp I've heard, though I've only spent a good amount of time with a handful of amps.

Many people, like you, do prefer a tube amp with the T1s.  My point was that it's a bit misleading to say you feel like the T1s aren't being driven to their full potential by a certain amp just because you prefer a different sound signature.  

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #59 of 214
After all headphones is something to use because you don't
want to disturb people nearby.
There are no headphones in the world  and will not be in the next 50 years that
can match up with the feeling of  listening to good loudspeakers.
Instead of buying headphoneamps for 3000$ + additional tubeupgrade
half of the amount ,i rather make my room soundproof and buy vintage
tubeamps and loudspeakers.
Musical Fidelity's M1 HPA is probably the best u can get for around 700$.

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #60 of 214

Quote:
This is a terrific pairing, IMHO.  The Decware CSP-2 is also a terrific amp with the T1.  If you prefer solid state, the aforementioned Meier Audio Concerto is a great choice.

Yup. CSP-2 is a damn fine combination. I also enjoy the WA22 but that is another price range altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back