Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Dec 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #18 of 214

Quote:
This is a terrific pairing, IMHO.  The Decware CSP-2 is also a terrific amp with the T1.  If you prefer solid state, the aforementioned Meier Audio Concerto is a great choice.

Everything you need here IMO for amp recommendations in the OP's price range (WA2, CSP-2 or Concerto if you want SS).

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 214

Quote:
Anyone else have input on this? Just ordered my T1 earlier today. Very excited!

I love the sound combination of my Harman Kardon HD970 CDP  >  Meier Cantate2  > T1; detailed, crisp, musical, and dead silent noise floor.  With upgraditis setting in, I have my eye on a Meier Corda Classic (more of the Cantate and similar to the Concerto) however the Violectric HPA V200 seems like another excellent SS choice.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #20 of 214
The CSP2+ looks very nice and is near the top of my list, but I think I may go with solid state. Corda Classic is one I have been eyeing. Will look into the V200.

I was even thinking about the Beyerdynamic A1. It might not be the best amp for the price, but I hear it works very well with Beyer's headphones.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #21 of 214

Quote:
The CSP2+ looks very nice and is near the top of my list, but I think I may go with solid state. Corda Classic is one I have been eyeing. Will look into the V200.

I was even thinking about the Beyerdynamic A1. It might not be the best amp for the price, but I hear it works very well with Beyer's headphones.

I have heard the A1/T1 combination and owned the Concerto, I'd take the WA2/T1 any day of the week over the other two in the same price range. Just my experiences.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 214

Quote:
Okay, but why?

The T1s came alive with my (now sold) WA2 (TS5998 power tubes, CV2492 Mullard driver tubes, EZ80 Telefunken rectifier tubes). In comparison with the SS amps, the T1s came off a bit "dry" and uninspiring.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #24 of 214
But what do you mean by these words? How did it come alive? What "improved" to your ears?

I love my Q701 with my M-Stage. I know some people consider the K/Q701 to be on the dry side. Perhaps I even like dry?

Obviously this will end up being all preference, but I ask these questions because I do not really have the opportunity to test all these combinations unless I just buy every amp I think might be a good fit and A/B them myself. That'd be a bit costly, haha.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #25 of 214

Quote:
But what do you mean by these words? How did it come alive? What "improved" to your ears?

I love my Q701 with my M-Stage. I know some people consider the K/Q701 to be on the dry side. Perhaps I even like dry?

Obviously this will end up being all preference, but I ask these questions because I do not really have the opportunity to test all these combinations unless I just buy every amp I think might be a good fit and A/B them myself. That'd be a bit costly, haha.

The dynamics improved, the bass was fuller and more well...dynamic. The mids were more liquid and the treble was very well controlled without being "screetchy". I also found the sound staging/imaging better. Honestly, for around $1k, the WA2 or CSP-2 are two of the best options for the T1s that I know of.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #26 of 214
Fair enough. CSP2+ remains near or at the top of my list. First I will see how the T1 goes with the M-Stage, and then I'll have to decide which direction to go in from there. Would you say the mentioned tube amps do their job without adding too much color to the sound? Thanks a lot.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #27 of 214

Quote:
Fair enough. CSP2+ remains near or at the top of my list. First I will see how the T1 goes with the M-Stage, and then I'll have to decide which direction to go in from there. Would you say the mentioned tube amps do their job without adding too much color to the sound? Thanks a lot.

With tube amps, it depends on the circuit topography and the tubes you use.

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #28 of 214
Thanks for sharing your experiences.I don't mean to at all discredit you, but I generally only hear the opinions of a few users regarding T1 amps on this forum. Would be nice to have input from other users about the T1.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this topic? 

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 214
yes. the WA2 and T1 combo is REALLY good.. definitely a way better combo than the WA6SE (however, you wouldn't go wrong getting either one). the WA6SE has brighter sound when paired with the T1 versus the warmer more intimate sounding WA2. i have both amps and had i not heard the other, i would of been happy with either combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back