Benjie Offical Thread
Jan 25, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #1,126 of 2,126
Will I notice a significant improvement in SQ if I upgrade to S5 coming from just a smartphone with Viper4Android?

What smartphone? Depends on the hardware of the phone, but likely probably not. Having said that I dug my old Galaxy S (yes the original) out the other day which had arguably the best chipset in a phone at the time of launch (from Wolfson) and it sounded pretty terrible to my ears.

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #1,128 of 2,126
I already got Benjie X1. I quite sure there are several things improvement from Benjie S5. Equalizer can set custom. Voice Recording can be set up to WAV 1536kbps. I bought it as a voice recorder and It works well. If you guys have any question about its feature. Feel free to ask me. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,130 of 2,126
Can it play .amv videos?

Wow I did not try yet. Could you suggest me where I can download .amv file? However its display is low resolution and too small. I don't think it will be good for watching movies anymore.

Edit 1: I already tried .avi video and Benjie X1 does not support it.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,131 of 2,126
  I already got Benjie X1. I quite sure there are several things improvement from Benjie S5. Equalizer can set custom. Voice Recording can be set up to WAV 1536kbps. I bought it as a voice recorder and It works well. If you guys have any question about its feature. Feel free to ask me. 
wink_face.gif

Can you tell us about the sound quality compared to the S5?

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,137 of 2,126
  Can you tell us about the sound quality compared to the S5?

2 months ago, I ever tried S5 with a little minutes. I don't feel any SQ improvement over S5. Also, they use the same DAC chip.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #1,138 of 2,126
Finally got to try my S5. I bought it almost a year ago and the store sent it to my Paypal address - an ocean away from where I live. I had to pay high taxes on ir because of that (70%+)... so then when a friend went to my home country I asked him to bring it to me, but my mom forgot to send him it lol. So I waited more 6 months and this same friend went again and he finally brought it to me.

I first tried it with a phone earphone, I could see that the audio was clearer but I didnt like the volume, not loud enough. So I updated to the latest firmware (so easy!) and now am using it with my monk+ and its much more loud, I am listening on 10 (from 31) and its ok, on 20 its already 'loud' and after 20 it gets really loud. I like that it doesnt distort.

Compared the audio quality with my computer, its so much clearer and it seems that the bass is stronger (more depth? idk how to explain those things haha). Really glad we bought this mp3 and that we didnt give up on it even after almost a year :p

My girlfriend will use it (I guess) with her nuforce that is much better than the monk, so I am sure it will be even better. Cant wait to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back