Because of mp3 you have purchased ______ cds since
Feb 12, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #31 of 34
well when i was younger my parents were paranoid and would not allow me to buy parental advisory cd's (i.e. most heavy metal cd's) so i had to turn to mp3 for my music. i even got one of those rio 300 mp3 players when they first came out in june '98. god i loved that thing
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #32 of 34
Well, I voted for both the first two choices. Ever since I first got broadband 2 years ago I have been a download-a-holic. But ever since I got a job that pays a really decent amount of money I have been buying CDs like crazy. Just about all of my CD purchases in the last 2 years have been because of MP3s downloaded from P2P programs. I have 16 Project Pitchfork CDs because I had downloaded as much of their music as I could (a couple hundred songs) and found out I liked it so much I just went hog-wild with buying their CDs. I got two more Project Pitchfork CDs on the way, too. VNV Nation, who used to have a statement against MP3 downloading on their site, has 4 CDs in my collection thanks to MP3s. There are many more examples, too. But I still have quite a few tracks that I don't have a corresponding CD for still. I am working on that, though.

I also have a pretty big (800 or so tracks) collection from Emusic. For $15/month it is an absolute bargain to be able to get so much music so conveniently. I don't mind the 128Kbps MP3 quality too much. And it has generated a couple CD purchases, too.

Feb 13, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #33 of 34
Personally, it's rare for me to buy music, nor do i use mp3's often. I mainly just borrow stuff from the library, and occsaoinally buy the album afterwards. Music rental still exists you guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back