Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance?
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #121 of 444

That chrome gold Ferrari picture - just wow
cool.gif
basshead.gif
now I wants one - bad
wink.gif

Dre wrecked his dark Navy Blue colour (I think that's the colour) Ferrari!
eek.gif

Looks even better in person.  Yeah, there were a lot of people going out of their way to take photos of the Ferrari.  If that Navy Blue Ferrari was wrecked for real...uber no bueno!  
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #122 of 444
I gotta say guys, having compared both extensively, Fidelio L2 crushes Solo 2 in the bass department. I was going to buy Solo 2 but ended up buying L2. The thing is, L2 is so good that I'm going to sell my Sennheiser HD650. It's not basshead level bass, no, but there's still a lot of quantity and the quality is so good. Sounds amazing with Chord Hugo. Unlike Solo 2, it scales great as well, sounding much better with Hugo than just from headphone jack of phone/tablet.

The sound signature is neutral, but with extra bass that hits strong, clean and beautifully. It is simply better than any portable headphones I've heard. That includes Solo 2, Senn Momentum, B&W P7, Onkyo ES-HF300, AKG K550, Beoplay H6 and some others I don't remember now. I used to like Momentum a lot, but after hearing better headphones, it's overly warm sound signature made me kind of sick. I couldn't stand how yummy everything sounded so I sold them. I've been through some other portable headphones since then, never finding the sound signature I liked. Now that I've found Fidelio L2, I'm going to be keeping them for a very long time. They are semi-open so I believe that helps to make them sound so great.

I like EDM and I've found L2 to be one of the best headphones for EDM. Trance, house, synthpop and all others sound great. It makes you want to dance. L2 has that wow factor, that makes you want to get up and dance. It also sounds great with pop, jazz, rock and all other genres.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #123 of 444
Ive always had a sweet spot for Philips. I'm glad to hear that the Fidelio line performs well. I love the looks of the L2, X1, and the M1.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I myself preferred the Vmoda M80's to the solo2. Now I really want to try either of the Fidelio on ear or around ear phones.

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #127 of 444
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #128 of 444
...you have this right as far as the grey ones go... I am so tempted...!

Yeah, the grey/silver light bluey colour is as far as I know a new colour to beats, it's really quite unique and hard to pin down its precise colour, but very nice that works well :cool:

Yeah, the light blue grey blend does look snazzy. But...chrome gold would be legit.

You mean Ferrari chrome gold? :wink:

Now that would be very :cool:

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #130 of 444
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #132 of 444
So disappointing dude :frowning2:

I was expecting so much with a big bold title like that :wink:

Didn't you know? That's cb's style! His very enticing "My Headphone" thumbnail BEGS to be clicked...and boy, has it been clicked - by the tune of almost 100,000 views!! Next year it will probably double...wouldn't be surprised. :wink:

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #133 of 444
LoL :D

Try this then :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1100749/head-fi-always-keeping-abreast-of-the-latest-headphone-and-personal-audio-developments/sort/display_order/
Royale with cheese? :D

Quote from Pulp Fiction

First, well daaaayum then! Haha

And yes, royale! Heh

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #134 of 444
Didn't you know? That's cb's style! His very enticing "My Headphone" thumbnail BEGS to be clicked...and boy, has it been clicked - by the tune of almost 100,000 views!! Next year it will probably double...wouldn't be surprised. :wink:

I think when I hit 100K I get a prize off jude himself! :)

From what I gather, I'll receive a
cookie :frowning2: :D

Wonder when Jude's going to get down with Dre?

:cool:

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #135 of 444
I think when I hit 100K I get a prize off jude himself! :)

From what I gather, I'll receive a
cookie :frowning2: :D

Wonder when Jude's going to get down with Dre?

:cool:

Maybe you'll get a large cookie that tastes yummy? Who knows...

Maybe Jude has gotten down with Dre, we just don't know. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back