Beats Poll! Check it out.
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 20
Just curious is there a thread that shows a simplistic explanation of why beats are substantially worse than other headphones of the same price range? (trying to convert brother before its too late)
He's buying beats in a week unless I can convince him otherwise. My forum search resulted in mostly massive anti-Beats/Bose/skullcandy fan-boys posting. (Not that there is anything wrong with that :wink: )

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
Just curious is there a thread that shows a simplistic explanation of why beats are substantially worse than other headphones of the same price range? (trying to convert brother before its too late)
He's buying beats in a week unless I can convince him otherwise. My forum search resulted in mostly massive anti-Beats/Bose/skullcandy fan-boys posting. (Not that there is anything wrong with that :wink: )

Most of the threads talking about the Beats have explanations why you should stay away from them. 
tongue.gif

This one is..entertaining
http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
Dear people bashing beats, I am curious how many of you actually have listened to beats headphones, and if you have how many have done so unbiasedly. See Beats headphones do not sound bad. They actually are better then most peoples headphones. And to be honest are extremely high end based on the fact their build quality is actually pretty good. They sound better then any headphone you can buy at most brick and mortar retailers. And get way too much crap from people on this site.

Almost everyone has had a chance to listen to the Beats, myself included on multiple occasions. I used to think they were great until someone introduced me to Hi-Fi.
The Beats are muddy, way too bass-heavy that is just boomy and lacks depth, lack clarity, built with plasticky material, and have extremely lacking highs. This coming from someone whose bias used to be in favor of the Beats. They should sell for $80 at most and only for the ANC too.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 20
I have a problem with the answer choices. It's kind of a loaded question and anyone on Head-Fi would choose option "bottom-left."

I don't believe they are high-end headphones, but they are definitely steps above the ipod headphones, have comfort, and look trendy (subjectively). I have a problem with response "bottom-left" because not all Sennheiser headphones are great. Like every company, some stuff is great, some good, and some bad. Beats are terrible in comparison to similarly priced headphones.

Beats have a market. They have a place. They have a purpose. Get over it. And share the world of Head-Fi. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back